Bybee Quantum Clarifiers

Phil M

Jan 30, 2021
I have some experience with these things. Looking at them you would or should be skeptical of what they do or don’t do. Installed on at the rear of the woofer of the speaker they do seem to add some “definition” or perhaps you could say clarity for want of a better term. They’re not that expensive so you could accept the idea that they don’t seem to hurt anything and they might be helping bass definition -in other words, you could do what I did and go for it. I don’t however tell my friends that I have done so.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
I have some experience with these things. Looking at them you would or should be skeptical of what they do or don’t do. Installed on at the rear of the woofer of the speaker they do seem to add some “definition” or perhaps you could say clarity for want of a better term. They’re not that expensive so you could accept the idea that they don’t seem to hurt anything and they might be helping bass definition -in other words, you could do what I did and go for it. I don’t however tell my friends that I have done so.
Thanks for sharing this.

Dasign

Mar 20, 2018
Interested in the experiences of anyone who has tried the Bybee Quantum Clarifiers on their speakers' driver magnets:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0620/Loudspeaker_Mega_Tweakfest_Review.htm

Scroll down in the article to find the review.
I have tried their speaker bullet kit on my Apogee Duetta Signature speakers with great success. Increase in overall resolution and ambiance. Also installed their Quantum Purifiers in my DAC power supply with same effects. A great tweak at reason’a le Price.

Sebastian_N

Apr 15, 2021
I have multiple Quantum signal enhancers and use multiple gold and silver Quantum purifiers in the powersupplies of my DAC and network switch.

Amazing tweaks in my system, they add all the audiophile goodness you'd want. More definition, longer decay of tones and more sense of space and air, but also more tonality and warmth and better defined bass.

I'm a big fan and I'm saving for more Bybee tweaks.

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
I got the quantum clarifiers from a 20% off sale at Parts Connexion, figured I couldn't pass up the chance to try some Bybee stuff at this price. I have a simple 15" single driver open baffle speaker with a super tweeter. So slapping on two Clarifiers on the driver magnets treats the whole frequency spectrum - so easy!

The difference is not huge, but I can clearly hear the improvement. I've had them on for about 5 days now. I've been hearing improvements every day. Since the improvements have been building day after day, its hard to quantify how much total. So I think it would be a hard thing to review properly.

They do clarify! Individual instruments have more space around them and stand out from others better. For instance I am listening to a high rez Chet Baker album I discovered recently on Qobuz (HERE). Beautiful sound, very vivid recording of trumpet and sax. The trumpet and sax stand out further in the mix with increased dimensionality, focus. Without adding to any etched quality. Overall increases in organicness, more saturated tonal colors, sounding a bit rounder in a natural way - sax sounds more like sax, trumpet, more like trumpet.

Highly recommended for anyone that digs increasing tonal colors, organicness, and flow in their system.

Reactions: Cellcbern

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Got similar results to what you described from putting them on the magnets of the woofers and wide band drivers of my Bache speakers. Good value for the relatively low price.

Halydean

Apr 9, 2023
Bybee is great but they quit innovating with the old man died. I've got some Bybee stuff and love it. If you want a more powerful version of the same kind of thing, Heartsound Audio is has a more dramatic effect. Its like Bybee 2.0 on steroids, and less expensive.

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020

Halydean

Apr 9, 2023
Any information on Heartsong audio? I can't find a website or anything.
I know they were working on website and new logo, but I will PM her cell to you so you can text her.

yoby

Nov 16, 2017
Any information on Heartsong audio? I can't find a website or anything.
Hi Tuckers: Heartsound Audio has an ad on US Audiomart under the "Room Treatments" catagory. A website is in the works Good listening. Jeff

Republicoftexas69

Has anyone actually used these Heartsound devices?

yoby

Nov 16, 2017
Has anyone actually used these Heartsound devices?
I'm using 5 of them in my listening room. 1 in each corner and 1 at the center of the back wall. I found placing them about 35-40 inches off the floor works best for me. They result in a more expansive soundstage, the room is full of music. The presentation is also more relaxed without being offensive or harsh. Good listening. Jeff

Republicoftexas69

I'm using 5 of them in my listening room. 1 in each corner and 1 at the center of the back wall. I found placing them about 35-40 inches off the floor works best for me. They result in a more expansive soundstage, the room is full of music. The presentation is also more relaxed without being offensive or harsh. Good listening. Jeff
Thank you, very interesting just not sure about these types of tweaks. What is the size of your listening space?

yoby

Nov 16, 2017
Thank you, very interesting just not sure about these types of tweaks. What is the size of your listening space?
My listening area is about 15x30 feet (half of a finished basement), which is open to the other half. There's a generous money back return policy with all of Heartsound's products.

Reactions: Republicoftexas69

Republicoftexas69

My listening area is about 15x30 feet (half of a finished basement), which is open to the other half. There's a generous money back return policy with all of Heartsound's products.
Thank you.

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
I saw the Holoscreen at Pacific Audiofest. They had about 8 of them in the room. There are two form factors, one that is a black plastic box, and another in a bamboo wood round box. Supposed to be the same, just an upgraded style with the bamboo. Even though the setup had the same amp as I have, I couldn't really tell anything about what the Holoscreen could have contributed. The sound did not stand out to my ears in the ways the Holoscreen is supposed to affect.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing