CAF 2022 Personal Highlights

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
A fun weekend as always at Capital Audiofest.

Photo is of yours truly with my favorite speaker designer Greg Belman of Bache Audio. The room, which was on my short list of best sounding at the show, features the new 002AB Limited Edition speakers, Bache's top of the line. This 96db efficient augmented widebander has an active low bass driver (down to 25hz) powered by a built in Class 'D" amp. Electronics were by Alexus Audio with all tube amplification including a new parallel 300B design. I've listened to the 002AB at Bache in Brooklyn. The "Limited Edition" model which I hadn't heard until CAF features a new cloth surround mid-bass driver sourced from Italy. This is the speaker I covet. Not too big for my small listening room, and wonderfully resolving and natural sounding, it would allow me to free my upgraded Pathos TT from reproducing the low end and allow it to focus its potent performance higher up. Now if I could only get my wife onboard.......

Note that the Stereophile reporter seemed to like the sound as much as I did:

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_4195 (2).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4195 (2).jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Reactions: shakey

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
I'm a sucker for harp and a big fan of Isabeau Corriveau who played again at CAF. I have all of her recordings and recommend them.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_4175 (2).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4175 (2).jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 17

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
One of the most unusual looking speakers at CAF was to my ears also one of the best sounding. The Dolce Vita Sogna in the smaller Deja Vu Audio room features a full range driver with a super tweeter on top. Driven by Synthesis 300B monoblocks it threw a huge soundstage, adequately covered the frequency extremes and was extraordinarily musical and natural sounding. I could easily live with it in my system. Haven't been able to find much information about them. I understand that there is a larger model with movable slats - they were fixed on the Sogna.

FYI: https://www.monoandstereo.com/2020/01/dolcevita-palco-speakers.html

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_4185 (2).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4185 (2).jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 28
  • thumbnail_IMG_4182 (2).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4182 (2).jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Reactions: Gregadd

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
One of the most unusual looking speakers at CAF was to my ears also one of the best sounding. The Dolce Vita Sogna in the smaller Deja Vu Audio room features a full range driver with a super tweeter on top. Driven by Synthesis 300B monoblocks it threw a huge soundstage, adequately covered the frequency extremes and was extraordinarily musical and natural sounding. I could easily live with it in my system. Haven't been able to find much information about them. I understand that there is a larger model with movable slats - they were fixed on the Sogna.

FYI: https://www.monoandstereo.com/2020/01/dolcevita-palco-speakers.html
I am not sure what happened to my photo. I do recall some very good sound in this room.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing