Can SOTA Two Channel Switch to Outstanding Home Theatre and Back?

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
I've been down this road in the past and have found that switching from excellent two channel to excellent (or even great or decent) 5.1 with a flick of a switch (or two) was not a realistic goal. It seems like high end processors from decades past have all but disappeared as well.

Is there anyone out there who have achieved a dual role system which minimizes or eliminates the sonic compromises of their two channel rig?

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
I optimized my media room for stereo but I also watch movies through my stereo audio equipment. A number of preamps have a "pass-through" feature (e,g, JRDG Corus) that allows your AVR to integrate and use it's own volume control.

I don't use a preamp now because my Dac has an integrated volume control. I'm using an active crossover that accepts both my Dac and AVR.

My music listening is uncompromised and the.movie.soundtrack benefits from my better.stereo gear and of course the room acoustic.

You can look and read about my system on the audio link in my signature.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing