Capital Audio Fest 2022

davidavdavid

Jun 30, 2014
Columbus, Ohio, USA
david.com
So, I just booked my hotel room and my flights this week for the Capital Audio Fest 2022 taking place in Rockville, MD - from November 11th thru the 13th

Capital Audio Fest 2022

Curious, who if any WBF'ers shall be attending either as attendees ad/or exhibitors?
I'm slated to arrive November 10th (Thursday) to get a head start o things.

Looking forward to your responses.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Bending Wave will be there in the same room as last show however this time partnering with High End by Oz and will be showing the new Divin Sovereign Subwoofers with the Divin Marquis speakers with electronics from Thrax Audio including the Heros Mono Blocks, Dionysis Preamp, Maximinus Silver DAC with HiFi stay racks, Metronome CD Player =

davidavdavid

Jun 30, 2014
Columbus, Ohio, USA
david.com
Okay, CAF is just under a month away. And from what I can gather from my itinerary I'm going to be at the Hilton by 3:00 PM on Thursday, November 10, 2022. No doubt others on WBF will be attending Capital Audio Fest this year, so how about those of us who meet face to face in the lobby ... a frightening prospect indeed :)

Let's see how many are interested in getting together before the show goes into full-swing. It will also be something to see how many of us set up our respective Roon ARC connections so if it comes down to it we can play music from our own personal libraries at the show. Talk about raising the bar on audience participation :)

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
I’ll be there. Should be at the hotel by mid afternoon Thursday. Just an attendee.

davidavdavid

Jun 30, 2014
Columbus, Ohio, USA
david.com
I’ll be there. Should be at the hotel by mid afternoon Thursday. Just an attendee.
Won't hold "just being an attendee" against you, then again we've yet to meet :)
There ought to be a WBF Flag for just such meetups at hifi shows

HighEndByOz

Apr 25, 2017
Los Angeles
We will be there in 3 rooms..

Twinbrook room -
Lansche No. 7.2 speakers,
Thrax Audio Spartacus 300b Mono Amplifiers (2 sets bi amping the speakers) 50w Triode Class A
Thrax Audio Libra 300b Pre amplifier with its outboard power supply
Thrax Audio Maximinus Silver Dac MK III
Kalista Audio Dreamplay X CD Transport
United Home Audio Super Deck reel to reel
Hemingway Audio Z-Core Cables
Hifistay Mythology Racks

Room 321

Rosso Fiorentino Speakers - Siena
Thrax Audio - Teres Mono Amplifiers (250W Hybrid)
Thrax Audio- Dionysos Pre Amplifier ( Tube Preamplifier)
Thrax Audio - Maximinus Silver DAC MK III ( Ladder DAC)
Hifistay Mythology Racks

Jackson Room
Goebel Speakers Divin Marquis
Goebel Speakers Divin Subwoofers ( USA Debut)
Thrax Audio - Heros Mono Amplifiers (2 sets, bi-amping the speakers) 100W Class A Hybrid
Thrax Audio - Dionysos Tube Pre Amplifier
Thrax Audio Maximinus Silver DAC ( Ladder DAC)
Metronome Audio - AQWO CD Transport
Hifistay Mythology Racks
Goebel Cables
Hemingway Cables

dont forget.. on Friday and Saturday we have after hours in the Twinbrook room!

Greg Beron / UHA

Member Sponsor
Apr 5, 2012
Washington DC
www.unitedhomeaudio.com
DON"T MISS THE UNITED HOME AUDIO AFTER HOURS ANALOG TAPE EVENTS IN THE TWINBROOK ROOM! HAVE SOME FUN WITH OZ AND I FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHTS STARTING AT 8:00PM TILL LATE!

LOTS OF NEW TAPES TO PLAY ON THE NEW UHA SUPERDECK PLUS A BIG AUDIO SYSTEM TO BOOT!

A PREAMP WITH FOUR 300B TUBES, FOUR BIG SPARTACUS 300B MONOBLOCK AMPS WITH SIX 300B TUBES PER AMP, THATS TWENTY EIGHT 300B TUBES IN ALL!
PLUS BIG SPEAKERS WITH ACTUAL PLASMA TWEETERS.
I FEEL LIKE A MAD SCIENTIST... THIS IS GONNA BE FUN!

We will be there in 3 rooms..

Twinbrook room -
Lansche No. 7.2 speakers,
Thrax Audio Spartacus 300b Mono Amplifiers (2 sets bi amping the speakers) 50w Triode Class A
Thrax Audio Libra 300b Pre amplifier with its outboard power supply
Thrax Audio Maximinus Silver Dac MK III
Kalista Audio Dreamplay X CD Transport
United Home Audio Super Deck reel to reel
Hemingway Audio Z-Core Cables
Hifistay Mythology Racks

Room 321

Rosso Fiorentino Speakers - Siena
Thrax Audio - Teres Mono Amplifiers (250W Hybrid)
Thrax Audio- Dionysos Pre Amplifier ( Tube Preamplifier)
Thrax Audio - Maximinus Silver DAC MK III ( Ladder DAC)
Hifistay Mythology Racks

Jackson Room
Goebel Speakers Divin Marquis
Goebel Speakers Divin Subwoofers ( USA Debut)
Thrax Audio - Heros Mono Amplifiers (2 sets, bi-amping the speakers) 100W Class A Hybrid
Thrax Audio - Dionysos Tube Pre Amplifier
Thrax Audio Maximinus Silver DAC ( Ladder DAC)
Metronome Audio - AQWO CD Transport
Hifistay Mythology Racks
Goebel Cables
Hemingway Cables

dont forget.. on Friday and Saturday we have after hours in the Twinbrook room!

Reactions: Viper and tony22

Duke LeJeune

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 22, 2013
Princeton, Texas
I will be in Room 623, representing a new loudspeaker company named Illusio Audio. We will be showing our first product, the Alana stand-mount speaker with stand (the stand is a critial part of the system). The Alana is a team effort which is much more of a high-end design than my previous products under my AudioKinesis brand. Four small-footprint subwoofers will supply the bottom two octaves.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I'm in the Atrium

Reactions: Alrainbow

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
Rex, you’re going to be there????

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Last year was great at Capfest and we plan on being better this year ! Joining us will be High End by OZ and we will be using Thrax electronics, Please stop by and check us out same room as last year .Nov11 -13th

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
This will be our first Capital Audio Fest, and we're starting with a bang, with 5 rooms!

So, look us up in Rooms 530, 532, 533, 534 and 537.

In Room 537, we're hosting Philip O'Hanlon and his Midrange Magic setup (Graham/Moonriver/Bergmann/Artesania), with a guest harpist!

Attachments

• tempImage5uhttP.png
    tempImage5uhttP.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 4

tony22

Nov 4, 2019

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
In Room 530, we'll have the gorgeous Qln Signatures with Nagra Classic pre/power. Sources will be MSB Premier with the Innuos Statement Next-Gen feeding it the bits. Gigawatt power conditioner will certainly help with challenging hotel AC!
CAF 2022 flyer.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing