Capital AudioFest 2018 Nov. 2nd - 4th Rockville Md.

GT Audio Works

Industry Expert
Feb 12, 2015
Stockholm NJ
www.gtaudioworks.com
GT Audio Works will be back for CAF 2018 in the Frederick room.

http://capitalaudiofest.com/

The system will consist of
GT Audio Works GTA3R magnetic planar/ ribbon speakers
Sound Insight open baffle powered sub woofers
Pass Labs XS phono stage and preamp
Pass Labs XA 60.8 monos
All Triode Wire Labs wiring.
Semper Sonus turntable with a Schick arm with a Lyra cartridge.
Vu Jade 101D Direct Heated Triode Tube DAC

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:

Grady98

Apr 27, 2018
East Coast
Greg,

Thanks for posting your system - looking forward to hearing your speakers. I will be there after a 2 year absence.

Jerry

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Not only a great name but great exhibits.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
The weather is beautiful in D.C. right now. It should hold up for the show. Our Metro system is A+ despite what the press is reporting. You will have to pay a one time fee to purchase a metro card. If you register, your card, it will be replaced if lost or stolen or destroyed. I washed mine in the washing machine. I called it product testing. They replaced the card free of charge and restored the balance of money on the card.
You can stay on site of the show or look for cheaper or more expensive lodging. Most of it is convenient to Metro.
Just looking at the manufacturers at the show it appears to be well represented. Finally I will get to see Martin Logan at the show. I don't know if the Neolith will be there. Maybe they will show the Renaissance.

Last edited:

GT Audio Works

Industry Expert
Feb 12, 2015
Stockholm NJ
www.gtaudioworks.com
Morning all,

We just got back from CAF 2018 last evening, it was a hectic but exciting 5 days for us.
Our system consisted of...

GT Audio Works GTA3r planar ribbon speakers

Sound Insight SI 600 open baffle sub woofers.

Pass Labs XS line stage and phono stage and XA 60.8 amps
Esoteric Audio CD Player/Transport

VUJADE DHT 101d tubed DAC

Semper Sonus Te1 idler wheel drive turntable

Schick arm with Lyra Kleos3 cartridge.

Triode Wire Labs cable for everything from input to output to power

We didn't get things set up and playing till 2am Friday morning, so it didn't start to warm up and gel till Saturday
Hope some of you had a chance to come out and hear our room.
We had a great time playing all types of music.
For me the best part of the show was after it officially ended at 4pm on Sunday at which point we let our hair down with some most definitely non audiophile music like Iggy Azalea, Robbin Thicke, Kendrick Lamar, Meghan Trainor and a bunch of other pop tunes at 112 db !!

Thanks to all the contributors to our room at CAF, and especially to my dealer and buddy Steve Rabitz of Sound Insight of Huntington Long Island NY.
Looking forward to next year to do it all again.

Regards,
Greg
GT Audio Works

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing