CAPITOL AUDIOFEST2021

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
After cancelling the the 2020 edition the website is announcing its' return on11/5-11/7. Good lord willing and the creek don't rise i will cover it.

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
After cancelling the the 2020 edition the website is announcing its' return on11/5-11/7. Good lord willing and the creek don't rise i will cover it.
and I will be there!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Maybe we will be maskless by then.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
In light of the RMAF cancelation I checked the CAF web page. They ate still a go with a mask mandate.
The situation is still fluid. It may be an alternative for those seeking a fix for their audiophile addiction..
My plan is to attend.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
CAF REMAiNS A GO
Masks will be required and available at the door.
In addition proof of vaccine is required at least 7 days prior to the show.
The show is actually in Rockville, Maryland. Consequently they must follow Maryland and county rules.
Check their websites for updates and confirmation.

Last edited:

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Darn, I lived in Rockville before moving to CA.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

COVID-19 Information​

CAF 2021 COVID Update
September 9, 2021​

As the country continues to address the COVID-19 pandemic, Capital Audiofest is committed to making the 2021 show as safe and enjoyable as possible for the attendees, exhibitors, and staff. The State of Maryland is fully open as of July 1st, however, the Twinbrook Hilton will require all attendees wear a mask for this indoor event. In addition to masks, CAF will now also require that all participants provide proof of COVID vaccination OR a recent negative COVID test (maximum one week old) to enter. It is our hope that this will allow everyone in attendance to feel as comfortable as possible and get the most out of their Capital Audiofest experience.

We will be providing free masks to all attendees at the door and are keeping a close eye on the Maryland Department of Health, and CDC guidelines to ensure safe practices. Check out the links below to stay up to date with the current state and federal COVID guidelines, data and legislature.

Please continue to check back here for the most up to date information regarding the show's policy for handling the Coronavirus.

Reactions: bryans

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
We will be exhibiting and fully vaccinated . Gobel High End Divin Marquis with Wadax Atlantis DAC and Server maybe a surprise or two in the rest of the gear we shall see

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
A cursory check of the website revealed no mention of. COVID19. I guess that means the show is a go.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
I am thinking about flying up and checking it out. Anyone else in?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
News for our room in the Jackson suite :
Norm Varney from AV Room Service will be joining us doing demonstrations of his EVP products as well as us using the products in our display.
They will be offering special pricing for these products at the show so if you are interested please stop in.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
The Jackson suite is a great name. Please include the room number. This makes it easier to find.
Remember to bring proof of vaccination or recent negative test tesult

Bring a mask.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Here's the website for the show

All current info is published there and the State of Maryland site.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
The Jackson suite is a great name. Please include the room number. This makes it easier to find.
Remember to bring proof of vaccination or recent negative test tesult

Bring a mask.

that is the room name/number etc. That is the way it is laid out in the hotel

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
uh hmm. Room numbers are available and make it easier to navigate. But I am always willing to learn..
Please enlighten me?How would I use the name to find that room? I promise to use the directions should I make it there

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Sounds like a meeting room or event / ballroom / suite in a hotel. Hotels and conference center hotels often don't number the meeting, event and ballrooms but I'm sure they'll have signs and maps so people can find their way.

Reactions: Elliot G.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
They have a charming system of naming the rooms after historical figures. To me at least it appears to be completely at random

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
If you visit the Capfest site you can see the floor plan and Jackson is a 3rd floor meeting room . It will be where all the good stuff is :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing