Captain Marvel

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
She is pretteeee.

Reactions: c1ferrari

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Must be awesome and exciting to be involved with this with them, great to be able to celebrate the work of the ones in your family.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Captain Marvel opened this weekend. Some friends, my spouse, and I will see it, Tuesday. My nephew, Ryan, co-directed and co-wrote the screenplay with his partner, Anna.

Wow, that's big, very big, and it runs in the family.

This film has just been released in London @ the end of February (27th) and in the US on March 8 (Friday).

Budget $152 million
* Box office $455 million

* $455 million! I would estimate to pass the one billion mark.
It's half way just in a very short time.

Last edited:

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
Thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Did a good job of character building, keeping some tension and good action scenes. Will be fun to see where they go with the character and yes a bigger role for the Skrulls would be fun.

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments. I texted Ryan last night asking whether to view the movie on an IMAX or Real 3D screen...he recommended IMAX. So, IMAX it is! :)

Reactions: NorthStar

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
Haha! Thanks for that, Bob. ;)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Saw this today. Very enjoyable and entertaining. Worth the wait.

Amazing how tech graphics shows a younger Samuel Jackson in the entire movie.

Last edited:

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
Great...glad it was appealing for you! We just viewed it Tuesday on an IMAX screen -- terrific! Hehe...what else would I write? LOL

Reactions: NorthStar and jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I am late to the party but have to say I liked Captain Marvel as well.

On the other hand, I picked up Aquaman from my local Redbox. Now that was not a very good movie at all. I fast forwarded through the last 45 minute with only very brief pauses. Did not like it at all. Thank goodness I only spent $2.00 to watch it.

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
Great to hear that you liked it, WLCVA :)
I'd read Captain Marvel grossed $1,000,000,000 - in the domestic and global markets.
Curiously, I've just returned from abroad and CM wasn't screening in this country.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing