Cardas Audio cables

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
Hello Jeffy, any cable with 50 hours on it is pretty young, and so is a Clear Reflection XLR. Initially, an ICS is likely to go through some seemingly bewildering tonal girations... Closed in one moment, and trebly or harsh the next. This is fully to be expected. My experience with my current Cardas loom is that break-in continues for 350 to 450 hours of passing a signal.

While I would not call the Reflection line "warm" per se, ICs and speaker wires of this series seem to me extremely musical and graceful. I would call them neutrally extended, with a subtle glow.

Saluti, Guido

Reactions: happyrc

advanced101

VIP/Donor
May 3, 2017
I spent some time with the Cardas Clear Beyond IC. I really wanted to like it. I have compared this IC on two different Tube/ Vinyl based systems and it sounded closed in, dull, & ordinary. These cables may do better on systems that lean towards bright and hyper detailed but for me I much preferred Audience Front Row, and even Wywires Platinum. The cable had 300+ hours.

assessor43

Nov 1, 2018
Whats the difference between clear and clear beyond? I always thought clear was a very good cable.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I'm very tempted to demo Clear Beyond IC and SC in my system.
I know that many Thiel speaker owners in the US have used Cardas cables with success in the past.
Musicality is what i'm looking for as i don't use any tube gear yet.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Ok guys, did a shootout yesterday between my Gryphon VIP SC and Inakustik Reference Air LS-2404 SC.
Well there was no contest, the Inakustik got smoked by my VIP cables by a wide margin.
That's telling me that i need to try cables that are at least in the same league as my Gryphon VIP if i don't want to lose resolution, air, depth and soundstage.
I really need to try the Cardas Clear Beyond because the Clear Reflection will probably be a step back compared to my Gryphon VIP.
Any thoughts ?

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
I really need to try the Cardas Clear Beyond because the Clear Reflection will probably be a step back compared to my Gryphon VIP.
Any thoughts ?
Do it. You won’t be sorry. You wrote musicality is what you’re looking for, so Clear Beyond SC and IC’s even more will be a great choice.

Reactions: Thieliste

Rocoa

Oct 17, 2018
Spain
Do it. You won’t be sorry. You wrote musicality is what you’re looking for, so Clear Beyond SC and IC’s even more will be a great choice.
No doubt. Cardas Clear has more resolution than Clear Reflection and you will have Cardas musicality.

Reactions: happyrc

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Which cable would have the most impact in the system IC or SC if you could afford to change only one ?

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
Your speakers are reputed to have hot tweeters, so probably the speaker cables. That's why I think the Clear Reflections would be the better choice for what I think I'd be trying to achieve were I in your place.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
No doubt. Cardas Clear has more resolution than Clear Reflection and you will have Cardas musicality.
Which cable would have the most impact in the system IC or SC if you could afford to change only one ?
Generally speaking the smaller the signal the most critical the cable.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
The opposite point of view endorsed by many would be power cables having the most influence on system SQ.
Certainly for me pc had a dramatic effect. I attributed that to progressing from generic to specialty cords.

spearl8

Sep 16, 2021
I recently got a Cardas Clear Ethernet and their myrtle wood blocks to go under my DAC and preamp and their myrtle wood notched blocks to lift my speaker cables. I was expecting 0 to little difference against my Shunyata venom Ethernet and no lifters. Boy was I wrong! Instantly noticed more detail, crisper high frequencies, deeper bass, and a more pleasing sound. The wood blocks smell nice too out of the package :)

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Hi guys, i received my Clear Beyond IC and SC just started the cooking:p
Cardas Clear Beyond loom.jpg

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
I spent some time with the Cardas Clear Beyond IC. I really wanted to like it. I have compared this IC on two different Tube/ Vinyl based systems and it sounded closed in, dull, & ordinary. These cables may do better on systems that lean towards bright and hyper detailed but for me I much preferred Audience Front Row, and even Wywires Platinum. The cable had 300+ hours.
I had the same experience with the Clear Beyond power cord, and generally have not heard any Cardas cables that I wanted to keep in my system.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Only 30 hours into the burn in process all i can say i that Clear Beyond are by far the best cables i've ever heard in my whole life so far.
Than again what works for me might not work for you because as all of you guys know this is all system dependent.
The synergy between Clear Beyond cables and my Thiel speakers is just mind blowing.
All i can recommend if you plan to purchase expensive cables, always try then in your system otherwise you could well be very disappointed.

Reactions: RnRmf

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Hi guys, i'm 176 hours into the break in.
When do you guys consider they are mostly broken in is it 300 hours or more ?

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
I am not certain on break- in time. My experience with out of the box cables was they were unlistenable.

Based on what I heard elsewhere, I tried them again - this time 3 days on the Audiodharma cable cooker. Sonic bliss.

I would say that 300hrs is close to fully baked.

Rocoa

Oct 17, 2018
Spain
You culd perceive sound compression during some time of the burn in process.
more than 300 hours perhaps.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing