Cartridge upgrade

kjetilf

Dec 29, 2020
I’m planning for a potential cartridge upgrade and I wonder if someone would have any experience with the Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum used with a Kuzma 4Point 9 tonearm? From what I’ve heard all Koetsus (and the non-stone versions in particular) prefer heavier mass tonearms. The Kuzma 4Point 9 tonearm has an effective mass of 13g (which means it isn't that heavy). I also understand that the weight of the Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum isn’t 9g as most web sites seem to say, it’s supposed to be 12,8g. Are there other “comparable” cartridges that you believe would fit the Kuzma 4Point 9 tonearm better than the Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum?

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
I currently use a koetsu wajima on a triplanar se tonearm which sounds very detailed, clean and a good match. In a previous life, before my thieving ex-wife sold most of my system whilst I was working in the Middle East, had a koetsu blue lace on an earlier version triplanar which I wish I still had.
not familiar with your tonearm unfortunately, but good luck with your final selection

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
Other makers will come and go, charge ever increasing prices but I’ll just stay with koetsu

Reactions: Chop

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing