cdjapan.co.jp...BUYER BEWARE

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
I bought Aja, the SHM-SACD last year and liked it a bunch so this past March when I saw on the cdjapan.co.jp website that The Royal Scam would be available in May 2011, I sent my $67.45 via Paypal. After May passed I revisited their site to find the release date had slid to June...then in June it was moved to July and now stands at the end of August. They have my $67.45 and I have nada. So I initiated a complaint with Paypal only to find that this particular issue cannot be resolved thru Paypal and that I should contact the vendor. I have sent at least 4 emails so far and they have not replied to any of them. I went there again tonight and viewed my account only to find that they have now removed this order from my OPEN ORDER list. So I am out $67.45. Not the end of the world but its a real pisser. I intend to post this message on as many audio sites I can find. Too bad this company survived the tsunami :mad:

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
I bought Aja, the SHM-SACD last year and liked it a bunch so this past March when I saw on the cdjapan.co.jp website that The Royal Scam would be available in May 2011, I sent my $67.45 via Paypal. After May passed I revisited their site to find the release date had slid to June...then in June it was moved to July and now stands at the end of August. They have my $67.45 and I have nada. So I initiated a complaint with Paypal only to find that this particular issue cannot be resolved thru Paypal and that I should contact the vendor. I have sent at least 4 emails so far and they have not replied to any of them. I went there again tonight and viewed my account only to find that they have now removed this order from my OPEN ORDER list. So I am out $67.45. Not the end of the world but its a real pisser. I intend to post this message on as many audio sites I can find. Too bad this company survived the tsunami :mad:

Hi,

Can you elaborate why PayPal isn't, at least, part of the solution? Would it have anything to do with the transaction being external to eBay?
Perhaps, the credit card issuer/company can be apprised and satisfaction be achieved :confused:

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Yes, this doesn't make sense. If you paid through pay pal, they are supposed to help you get your money back. Their production of the CD could have very possibly been impacted by the tsunami so maybe you will get your CD.

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Paypal says its a issue that they cannot address...I have no idea why but that was their automated response. Paypal is linked to my checking account so not sure they can address either. As a side note, I posted this same thread on the Audio Circle and as a result, the thread was quarantined and I have been banned from the circle. That's after over 1000 posts there. Big brother is flexing his/her muscles and I have no clue as to why.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I would call Pay Pal and get a live body on the phone. If they processed your payment, they damn sure can unprocess it. There is much more to this story. You orginate a dispute and the seller has 10 days to respond.

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Someone on another board furnished the name of a lady who works at cdjapan and I sent yet another email, the 6th, to her attention. This morning I got a paypal payment from them. Will wonders never cease? Paypal did nada in this ordeal.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing