Center Stage 2

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Hi CK

There was one other comment I should have made yesterday.

If a shim is necessary for proper positioning, the shim should be placed between the bottom of the CS foot and the top of the CMS interface

Reactions: CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hi CK
There was one other comment I should have made yesterday.

If a shim is necessary for proper positioning, the shim should be placed between the bottom of the CS foot and the top of the CMS interface

This is important.
Many thanks!

joelavrencik

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2016
Chicago
www.criticalmasssystems.com
Are we to expect the speaker footers soon?

Hi Mullard88

Thank you for asking. We finished the drawings and are fabricating the prototypes right now. We still have to determine the final configuration that gets us the test results we want, but have no doubt that it is our intention to produce a product that performs at the same level as our current CS2 line up. In fact, we have 2 height-adjustable products coming that have dual use potential for turntables and loudspeakers. We designed 2 products of different diameters and internal configurations to reach the widest range of TTs and LSs possible. I see the potential for these to be used with and/or without adapters depending on the host product's dimensions/configuration. This is the best update I can provide at this time. I hope this helps.

All the Best,

Joe

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Thank you for the update Joe. I had an urge to try your big footers on the double Quads a few days ago but I was uncertain how much weight a set of four footers could carry. Then I recalled that some time ago, you mentioned that speaker footers may be available in early 2019.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hi Mullard88
Thank you for asking. We finished the drawings and are fabricating the prototypes right now. We still have to determine the final configuration that gets us the test results we want, but have no doubt that it is our intention to produce a product that performs at the same level as our current CS2 line up. In fact, we have 2 height-adjustable products coming that have dual use potential for turntables and loudspeakers. We designed 2 products of different diameters and internal configurations to reach the widest range of TTs and LSs possible. I see the potential for these to be used with and/or without adapters depending on the host product's dimensions/configuration. This is the best update I can provide at this time. I hope this helps.
All the Best,
Joe

Hello Joe,
That's a very good news!

Leo in Hong Kong is a good friend of mine. He is eagerly waiting for these CS2 loudspeaker models for his Magico Q7.

Pls show us some photos when avaialble.
Thank you again!

joelavrencik

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2016
Chicago
Hello Joe,
That's a very good news!

Leo in Hong Kong is a good friend of mine. He is eagerly waiting for these CS2 loudspeaker models for his Magico Q7.

Pls show us some photos when avaialble.
Thank you again!

Hi CK

Sure thing. We'll share things as they progress.

As a side bar, I have deep respect for Leo. We had dinner together a few years ago. He is quite an intellect and a hell of a good guy.

Joe

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hi CK
Sure thing. We'll share things as they progress.
As a side bar, I have deep respect for Leo. We had dinner together a few years ago. He is quite an intellect and a hell of a good guy.
Joe

Yes, and he is one of the most feverish audiophiles in HK too.

BTW I am wondering whether the coming CS2 turntable model will suit his DaVinci Gabriel turntable or not.

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
As some of you might know from my previous postings that thanks to Steve Williams, I was one of the original CS footer beta testers and then again one of the original beta testers of CS2 footers. I was remarkably impressed by the difference both the CS and CS2 footers made with regard to overall cohesiveness of the sound. During intervals of returning one version to Steve, I basically stopped listening until the replacements arrived and had at least 10 days on them.

6 days ago my first set of CS2 1.5 footers arrived, which I put under my Spectral DMA300 RS amp. Within 2 minutes, I heard a clear difference, with the vinyl I was playing starting to sound smoother or maybe more cohesive. During each of the past 5 days, I have heard an improvement with much less ugly sound than occurs with the 1.0 and 0.8 CS2 footers during the break in. Yesterday at 5 days listening to both vinyl and digital, I heard the first true 1.5 new sound. Once again as with the .8 and 1.0, the sound became very homogenous and much smoother at near clipping levels, which was much more listenable than the same volume without the 1.5's.

While this may not help some, the best way I can describe the 1.5's compared to the 1.0's and 0.8's is that 1.5's sound like the full version of the footers, while the 1.0's and 0.8's sound like lightweight teasers. Although I only bought 4 1.5's I am awaiting the arrival of my new VAC Statement amp, Reference preamp and phono stage, which I expect to be more impacted by the footers than SS Spectral, because of the importance of eliminating microphonics. While I expect the amp, preamp and phono pre will be the most impacted, the question is what do I do with the 3 power supplies?

Reactions: heebrog and Scott W

joelavrencik

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2016
Chicago
As some of you might know from my previous postings that thanks to Steve Williams, I was one of the original CS footer beta testers and then again one of the original beta testers of CS2 footers. I was remarkably impressed by the difference both the CS and CS2 footers made with regard to overall cohesiveness of the sound. During intervals of returning one version to Steve, I basically stopped listening until the replacements arrived and had at least 10 days on them.

6 days ago my first set of CS2 1.5 footers arrived, which I put under my Spectral DMA300 RS amp. Within 2 minutes, I heard a clear difference, with the vinyl I was playing starting to sound smoother or maybe more cohesive. During each of the past 5 days, I have heard an improvement with much less ugly sound than occurs with the 1.0 and 0.8 CS2 footers during the break in. Yesterday at 5 days listening to both vinyl and digital, I heard the first true 1.5 new sound. Once again as with the .8 and 1.0, the sound became very homogenous and much smoother at near clipping levels, which was much more listenable than the same volume without the 1.5's.

While this may not help some, the best way I can describe the 1.5's compared to the 1.0's and 0.8's is that 1.5's sound like the full version of the footers, while the 1.0's and 0.8's sound like lightweight teasers. Although I only bought 4 1.5's I am awaiting the arrival of my new VAC Statement amp, Reference preamp and phono stage, which I expect to be more impacted by the footers than SS Spectral, because of the importance of eliminating microphonics. While I expect the amp, preamp and phono pre will be the most impacted, the question is what do I do with the 3 power supplies?

Hi Russ

Hope all is well with you.... If you're asking the question I think you are, you can consider the power supplies as components in the signal path. CS2 will be audibly effective in these applications. If you are stacking the mains and PSs, you can separate them with CS2. In the case of the amp(s), the same is true. These can be separated. I would keep the feet close to the SS cups but not touching them. If you're not stacking the components, you know what to do. Have fun with your excellent new system!!

All the Best,

Joe

Steve Williams

I call the CS2 1.5's the Big Bertha's of the CS line as they sure know how to deliver

Reactions: Bodhi and Scott W

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Gian,

If I remember correctly, whether to pick 0.8 or 1.0 depends on the weight of the equipment the footers will be carrying.

Sam

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Ciao Sam,
i read 0.8 is good under 100 pounds that are 45 kg and 1.0 over 45 kg

I will put under CH X1 that is 25 kg and under CH L1 and P1 that are 20 kg,so 0.8 will be perfect,but cannot understand if 1.0 will be better and do more effect because is bigger.

When i put graphite or Carbon block from Yamamura and Audio tekne,was similar but bigger block had bigger effect

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
@gian60 I think Joel has claimed in the past that the CS footers don't have weight ranges. And that the sound just keeps improving the higher up you go. :)

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Thanks,i was imagine

I read on pitchperfectsound that 0.8 is recommended for all front end components under 100 pounds,while 1.0 for all front end components weighting over 100 pounds,and also Mullard understand same on his answer.

Steve Williams

Thanks,i was imagine

I read on pitchperfectsound that 0.8 is recommended for all front end components under 100 pounds,while 1.0 for all front end components weighting over 100 pounds,and also Mullard understand same on his answer.

IMO it is a bit of both

Initially the 1.0 was designed for
1. stock feet that were greater than 0.8"
2. components over 100 lbs
3. initially the 1.0's were recommended under amps

As pointed out the sound with each foot size continues to improve.

IMO the 1.5's are the epitome of what Center Stage is designed to do

mountainjoe

Industry Expert
Mar 25, 2015
Bay Area, California
eigenaudio.com

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing