Center Stage 2

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Is the 0.8 going to be discontinued, or is it just a high inventory item? :)

Actually neither. When CS was first designed the 0.8 was the original and standard size until Joe found some components that had taller stock feet. Hence the 1.0's which in version "one" were sonically identical. Version 2 this is not the case

Inventory FWIW is back ordered in every size. This is offered at a 4 for 3 deal because we have found that those who order always end up ordering either more and/or different sizes. Simply put this offer is being extended to give people an easy way to involve Center Stage in their systems

As for what Joe plans in the future as to the 0.8's I have no idea

Again these are Version 2 offered in the sale

LeBlanc

Aug 14, 2019
The Netherlands
Can the CS 0.8 be used with integrated amps (with weight below 100 pounds) or would you advice the 1.0 as the minimum for integrated amps, regardless of the amps weight and the height of the amps standard feet?

Steve Williams

Simple answer is yes if under 100 pounds and stock foot is under 0.8"

FWIW I have many clients using either 0.8's or 1.0's under their amp

If funds are an issue go with the 0.8's but if not the 1.0's would serve you better

LeBlanc

Aug 14, 2019
The Netherlands
Steve helped me out with the CS 0.8 and they have been in my system for 7 days now. One set of 4 under my amp, one set under my DAC and one set under my streamer/server, each on a separate level of a Quadraspire SVT rack.

Steve called them system changers. It may sound like a cliché, but IMHO they are an upgrade on component level. If I try to describe their effect in my system, I would say the most significant aspects they deliver are a more 3D soundstage and more transparency. It was a relatively big investment and a bit of a leap of faith, but totally worth it.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Timman

Nov 2, 2015
Borneo
Hi Steve,
I just acquired a set of 0.8 (that's all I can afford for now) and wonder if I should use it on the source component or my intergrated amplifier to get the best result. I do intend to purchase another set when funds are available.
Thanks,
Tim

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Steve Williams

Congratulations Joe and Steve - Jacob Heilbrun of TAS also loved the CMS footers and his report is now accessible online!

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/critical-mass-systems-center-stage2-isolation-footers/

Curiously Jacob found that the footers had the greatest effect in his amplifiers, just the place where I have not tried them, as I am regularly switching amplifiers for evaluation ...
For me as well the greatest effect was achieved with my amps and then the Extreme and lampi Pacific.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
For me as well the greatest effect was achieved with my amps and then the Extreme and lampi Pacific.

BTW, you or someone at CMS should ask TAS to correct the CMS link at the bottom of the article - they missed an s !

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
Hello Joe & Steve,

CK Tam and Leo are very dedicated audiophiles in Hong Kong and good friends of mine.
They are in the process of replacing all the footers underneath their audio components with Center Stage 2.
They have much experience in various audiophile footers such as Stillpoint 5/6, Revopod ... etc but once listened to the performance of burned-in Center Stage 2, there is no way going back! ;)

I myself had home-trialed CS1 a few months ago. They were good but I didn't take the plunge.
The CS2 is a different story and I am now following the path of CK Tam & Leo.

Thanks Joe and his son for such a fabulous creation!
Thanks Steve for letting us to know the CS 1/2!

Below is a photo taken yesterday when I went to audition a Totaldac D1-Direct DAC. The CS2 0.8 transformed and elevated its performance greatly!
View attachment 46461

i guess i'm running a few years behind you :) as i just re-discovered this thread and the comment re: D1-Direct.

i've just had my first experience with CMS2 footers (thanks Dave at AudioDoctor) and brought 2 sets home to put under my Ayon Triton monoblocks. before doing so, i placed them under my D1-Direct and XP-22. the impact was immediate and the most obvious benefit in a 10 minute (!) listen was improved image focus and end of note/vocal decay. i then moved the CMS2 1.0 devices to my amps and heard qualitatively similar improvements.............but now I don't have CMS under my dac or pre-amp :(
how many i end up with eventually is TBD but these are winners out of the box (actually, they are audiodoctor's demo units so are well broken in to some extent).

@cckeung (or anyone else)
did you put CMS2 under the d1-direct and the streamer/re-clocker or just under the d1-direct? i.e. is there further improvement putting a set under the streamer/re-clocker?
have you compared the 0.8 with the 1.0 or 1.5 sizes? if i understand correctly (and i next need to read the CMS forum), the sizes are not related to the weight bearing of the devices but the larger sizes provide further improvement.

Reactions: CKKeung

Steve Williams

i guess i'm running a few years behind you :) as i just re-discovered this thread and the comment re: D1-Direct.

i've just had my first experience with CMS2 footers (thanks Dave at AudioDoctor) and brought 2 sets home to put under my Ayon Triton monoblocks. before doing so, i placed them under my D1-Direct and XP-22. the impact was immediate and the most obvious benefit in a 10 minute (!) listen was improved image focus and end of note/vocal decay. i then moved the CMS2 1.0 devices to my amps and heard qualitatively similar improvements.............but now I don't have CMS under my dac or pre-amp :(
how many i end up with eventually is TBD but these are winners out of the box (actually, they are audiodoctor's demo units so are well broken in to some extent).

@cckeung (or anyone else)
did you put CMS2 under the d1-direct and the streamer/re-clocker or just under the d1-direct? i.e. is there further improvement putting a set under the streamer/re-clocker?
have you compared the 0.8 with the 1.0 or 1.5 sizes? if i understand correctly (and i next need to read the CMS forum), the sizes are not related to the weight bearing of the devices but the larger sizes provide further improvement.

The sizes are indeed related to weight bearing

Also there is no such thing as a well broken in CS voter as once you remove it from where it was, and place it under a different component the break in starts all over again although it might be slightly shorter

I would never sell 1.5's to a client who doesn't have adequate equipment to support them as they are designed for heavy products (over 100 lbs) as well as products that need room for ventilation such as large tube amps

I have a good friend here who uses 0.8's in his system (at my recommendation) due to the small size and light weight of his equipment. His overall improvement was beyond what I would have ever anticipated. He did get some loaners of 1.5's and switched these to under his system and the sound just fell apart. Loss of bass and immersion. Bottom line is the devices are related to weight bearing for the best results

Reactions: CKKeung and cat6man

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Steve we are in the planning stages of upgrading my system. One of the probable upgrades that my dealer mentioned were CS feet to go with the CMS Racks. Though it will be a while before we finish designing this next system, is there a link here on the WTB forum to purchase the feet or should I go through my dealer? Thanks.

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
i'm sliding down the slippery slope here, planning on testing 1.5s on my ayon monoblocks soon, which will free up 1.0s for use elsewhere (planning on DAC and preamp).

i also want to try them under my electrostatic headphone amplifier, a George-built KG-T2 which is a 2 piece unit.
how/where should i place the 1.0s here, under the power supply section (carrying both units) or under the tube amplifier section (between the two)?
IMG_20200318_134535.jpg

Steve Williams

Under both if possible. Do the power supply last. Can you place the power supply on a separate shelf

i did all of my power supplies last. I was not expecting any sonic improvement under the power supplies. Boy was I wrong

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing