Center Stage2 "LS" Series Loudspeaker Feet

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
There are two other speaker feet coming at a smalkerr size and price

say what you will dude but IMO these LS feet have brought my system to its final destination. The sonic improvement has to be heard to understand the fuss. The LS1.5 which I have are his top of the line. They are big and heavy. and won’t fit under every speaker. there will be two other sizes to choose from

as for the cost they are slightly more than the Magico feet and according to a post which was briefly in another forum the LS1.5 clearly out performed the Magico feet. Interesting that that post quickly disappeared.

joelavrencik

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2016
Chicago
www.criticalmasssystems.com
$9,600 for a pair of big / heavy speakers without the adapters? Say that five times with a straight face. That's almost $3,000 more than I paid for new my Joseph Audio Pulsars. The price per each makes it extremely inhibitive for the average audio type to purchase. I'm not saying they won't work as advertised but, with all due respect to Joe and Steve, I find the "hi end" pricing model to be absurd and beyond pale except, of course, for "luxury" watches.

Hi thedudeabides

The Center Stage2 LS 1.5 is the top of the line for loudspeaker feet. It really does work in a very big way. We will introduce more loudspeaker feet below this one as soon as we have them finalized.

All the Best,

Joe

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Understood Joe and Steve. As I said, I assumed they work as advertised. IMHO, comparisons to other priced products to justify the MSRP for another product in a similar genre is a somewhat dubious justification and fuels the current upward pricing swing in the hi end.

Best,

Gordon

joelavrencik

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2016
Chicago
Understood Joe and Steve. As I said, I assumed they work as advertised. IMHO, comparisons to other priced products to justify the MSRP for another product in a similar genre is a somewhat dubious justification and fuels the current upward pricing swing in the hi end.

Best,

Gordon

Hi Gordon

Sorry. I responded and didn’t see that Steve had already done so. Pricing is a sensitive subject and I feel like to trying to justify this is leading with your (my) chin. So with that in mind and speaking about my own product, I think I can reasonably say there are features of the LS foot that make it expensive to produce. For example, making the foot height adjustable at the spike cup requires an extensive amount of internal milling of the upper cylinder and lower silver-colored spike anchor. These millings are invisible from the outside.

The metals inside the foot are alloys of titanium, tungsten, cobalt, carbon and aluminum. Aluminum alloys are not that expensive but the other metals are for sure. The tolerance between the inner and outer shell - to ensure the outer shell never makes contact with the inner structures - is +/- 0.0005”. We must do this to direct energy through specific channels inside the foot. Other milling tolerances inside the foot - to make the structures seat tightly together under load - can only be accepted at +/-0. Last, but not least, there are critical parts that can only be made by hand. The difficulty here is that the handmade part is an 8-step process for which, again, the acceptable tolerance is +/-0.

I don't know if this sounds like anything that drives up costs, but it most assuredly is. But, this is what it takes to elevate the performance of extraordinary loudspeakers without messing up some minute aspect of their performance. If I changed anything to cheapen the foot, lower the construction cost or otherwise lessen the effectiveness of the foot, the project wouldn’t have been worth the bother, imo.

Believe me, I respect you and your point.

Very Respectfully,

Joe

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

The 1.5 weigh about 9-10 ounces whereas the new speaker foot LS 1.5 is 3.25” tall ( over 2x the height of the 1.5) and a weight of about 4 pounds.
I was the biggest skeptic and loving my system. As I’ve stated here many times my interest was piqued when I read Joes White Paper.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Pricing is a sensitive subject and I feel like to trying to justify this is leading with your (my) chin.

Joe,

Thanks for the technical manufacturing info on your new product. Gives me a lot more insight into the pricing issue. Thanks Steve for the pictures. Wish I could try any of your products but they are way above my pay grade. :)

Best,

Gordon

Steve Williams

Introducing the new Center Stage 2 LS 1.0

Suffice it to say that with the addition a month ago to my system of the new Center Stage 2 LS 1.5 I have been in hog's heaven as the changes to my system were so profound that I Neve r thought them to be possible

Joe just released the new LS 1.0 and I received 8 of them yesterday to try and compare to its big brother the LS 1.5.

The only downside was having to remove the present keepers in my system and audition this new set as I once again go through the painful settle in process

I always like to listen immediately after the feet are inserted to get a taste of what was to come as very quickly the sound stage falls apart and there then comes the 7 day or so settle in. My preliminary thoughts before the bass became loose and tubby and the top end bright and rolled off was an amazingly beautiful midrange which persisted for a few hours before the sound degraded. So my system is on now for most of the day's to follow

I took a side by side of the 2 feet

Although I have never weighed these feet I would say that the LS 1.5 weigh 3-3.5 pounds and stands 3.25" tall. The new LS 1.0 seems half the weight and about an inch shorter. The LS 1.0 is built around the 1.0 technology and like it's big brother the LS 1.5, the LS 1.0 has the equivalent of 5 CS2 1.0 feet within

I will report my findings over the course of the next week or so and once they've settled I will have some further comments

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
The model inscription (LS 1.0) is a very nice addition. I assume the 1.5's will have the same. Very discrete.

The company name on the opposite side however, not so much. Not into it at all

joelavrencik

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2016
Chicago
The model inscription (LS 1.0) is a very nice addition. I assume the 1.5's will have the same. Very discrete.

The company name on the opposite side however, not so much. Not into it at all

Hi Kingsrule,

This is an interesting comment. I get what you are saying. I would prefer to have no markings on them at all. But, interestingly enough, most people want something there that states the manufacturer and the model. All things considered, I tried to do the least that would be acceptable around the globe as far as markings are concerned. I hope this makes sense.

On a personal note, if you ever want to try the 1.5s under your M6s, you have a money back guarantee from me. And an open invitation to post your findings here and/or on Mike's site. I think you would be very pleased, indeed. The feet are height adjustable and superbly voiced for what you have..........

Very Respectfully,

Joe

Reactions: CKKeung

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Thanks Joe. I just might be convinced to try a set with that offer....

joelavrencik

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2016
Chicago
Thanks Joe. I just might be convinced to try a set with that offer....

Cool. And, if you like, I'll make sure there are no markings on them. I should mention that the current markings are pretty small and facing upwards. I tried to do my best to make sure they were not be visible from the seating position, but........ Just let me know your preference.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing