Cerious Tech Lumniscate Cables

KrellFan1

Mar 15, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
So two weeks ago I purchased and installed Cerious Tech Lumniscate XLR interconnects. I connected my Tambaqui DAC to my Krell preamp and my preamp to my Krell amplifier.

This Arizona company flies under the radar but I’d read a few glowing reviews and took the plunge based on the science I was able to wrap my head around. It fascinated me.

I HAD been using Nordost Heimdall 2 cables which I thought were “excellent” and certainly good enough to support my Class A Krell amp, preamp and Mola Mola Tambaqui. Man, was I ever wrong. These Lumniscate cables, now fully broken in, have exceeded my wildest expectations. Some passages that were rather “hollow” are now full bodied and alive with energy. Imaging and sound staging are INFINITELY improved. My system essentially sounds like a new system. The Confidence C2’s have “disappeared ,” and the sound stage is 3D like - virtually holographic. I have now ordered his speaker cables to match and literally can’t wait! Now I understand why Nordost Odin 2 customers have traded in their 20k cables in favor of Cerious Lumniscate cables at 1/5th the price. I cannot recommend these cables highly enough. Bob Grost, a former professor of physics, gets it. He’s a humble genius.

Attachments

• version=1&uuid=C7507138-0B5B-4CFA-99F9-37689E96560E&mode=compatible&noloc=1.jpeg
    version=1&uuid=C7507138-0B5B-4CFA-99F9-37689E96560E&mode=compatible&noloc=1.jpeg
    573 KB · Views: 33
May 29, 2022
@KrellFan1 - did anyone respond to your post? I read about Cerious Technologies about a year ago and told my my I wanted the Graphene Matrix power cord for Christmas. Well, Bob sent the Lumniscate and put in the box, Merry Christmas. The power cord sounds amazing and I love it. How did you like the speaker cables?

Reactions: KrellFan1

KrellFan1

Mar 15, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
@KrellFan1 - did anyone respond to your post? I read about Cerious Technologies about a year ago and told my my I wanted the Graphene Matrix power cord for Christmas. Well, Bob sent the Lumniscate and put in the box, Merry Christmas. The power cord sounds amazing and I love it. How did you like the speaker cables?
Honestly I don’t recall how many responded to the post. I see a few ppl ”liked” it, but regardless, I’m happy that you appeared to have received an “upside surprise.” I think there may have been a typo in this message. I take it to mean you “told your wife“ what you wanted for Christmas and you somehow received the top of the line Lumniscate? Is that right? If so, awesome! Either your wife shelled out a few more $$ or Robert Grost was in the “holiday spirit“ and upgraded you!

As regards the speaker cables, I LOVE them. They delivered a significant upgrade to be sure, though nothing was as significant as the power cord for sure. Wondrous. I have their XLR interconnects which also helped to transform my system. I have them running out from my. Tambaqui DAC to the Makua preamp and from there another set to my Krell amplifier. I’m using his AES to stream from my new Antipodes K22 player to the Tambaqui and its next level for sure. and, by the way, he’s completely refreshed and updated his website, so check it out because it’s spectacular. https://cerioustech.com/
!

May 29, 2022
@KrellFan1 - sorry for the typo. Yes, it was my wife and Bob was feeling the holiday spirit and sent the upgrade. Your system is pretty amazing. Mine is not at the level but I do like it very much. ifi neo stream to a Denafrips Hermes DDC - Pontus - Atoll IN 300 - ADS L1590 IIs (refurbished by Richard So). Also have a Core Power Deep_Core and Equi-Core. I'm currently using Cardas Cygnus Clear speaker cables. I’m guessing I would hear a pretty big difference buying Lumniscate over the Cygnus. Are any of the cables too bright or cause ear fatigue? I did check out the new site earlier today. So much better.

KrellFan1

Mar 15, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
@KrellFan1 - sorry for the typo. Yes, it was my wife and Bob was feeling the holiday spirit and sent the upgrade. Your system is pretty amazing. Mine is not at the level but I do like it very much. ifi neo stream to a Denafrips Hermes DDC - Pontus - Atoll IN 300 - ADS L1590 IIs (refurbished by Richard So). Also have a Core Power Deep_Core and Equi-Core. I'm currently using Cardas Cygnus Clear speaker cables. I’m guessing I would hear a pretty big difference buying Lumniscate over the Cygnus. Are any of the cables too bright or cause ear fatigue? I did check out the new site earlier today. So much better.
Good for you that the professor was feeling it for you. That’s awesome! And thx for the compliment on my system. It’s been a labor of love and a WIP for the past 20-30 years. I learned many years ago to not use the words “I’m done.” But safe to say I’m close. I hope! You’ve got a nice system and certainly one good enough to benefit from cable upgrades.

As for any of the Cerious cables causing fatigue, on the contrary; I cannot stop listening! In fact I had a neighbor buddy stop by around 1:00 to help me install a new thermostat and check out my new Antipodes K22 player and K41 server using Squeeze as the app, and OMG! His jaw dropped. Squeeze so much better than Roon. I encourage everyone not familiar with Squeeze to check it out. Back to your question, it’s now 9:00 my local time and I’m just NOW turning on the tv to watch my favorite team (SF 49ers) play. Is DVR. . So 8 solid hours of listening and if not for the game I’d recorded I’d still be listening. So no, none of the Lumniscate cables increase listening fatigue. if anything they eliminate it. If you decide to purchase the speaker cables, make sure you don’t move them around for at least two weeks because the liquid graphene used needs to harden and settle in, so install them and leave them in place for optimal effect. You will love them, but be prepared: they are large as in about 1 inch diameter.

May 29, 2022
@KrellFan1 - thanks for all the good information. I’ve been deep in it for about 10 years and can’t see myself stopping anytime soon. It is an addiction and I have to say, my wife has been a pretty a good sport about it all .

We’re in Denver, and I wish our football team was as good as yours. Oh well, I guess I’ll spend a little less time watching tv . I’m going to check out Squeeze. I’ve never heard about it, but you have me very intrigued. I’m going to look into it later tonight.

Chatted with Bob a few times today and I think the Lumniscate SCs might be out of my price range at this time. So, I’m going with the 8’ Matrix V2.0. I know they’re not the Lumniscate but from what Bob told me, I should hear a lot more detail over the Cardas Cygnus SCs. Actually, he said all systems are different, but I’ll love them way more than the Cardas. I can’t wait to hook them up and let them break in. I was aware about not moving the Extreme and Matrix until they settle, but Bob told me when I bought the Lumniscate PC, the new technology doesn’t require the settling period and you can move them around if desired. I’ll ask him again just to confirm.

I greatly appreciate your help. If you don’t mind, I’ll send you a message and we can take it offline or off post. Let me know.

KrellFan1

Mar 15, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
@KrellFan1 - thanks for all the good information. I’ve been deep in it for about 10 years and can’t see myself stopping anytime soon. It is an addiction and I have to say, my wife has been a pretty a good sport about it all .

We’re in Denver, and I wish our football team was as good as yours. Oh well, I guess I’ll spend a little less time watching tv . I’m going to check out Squeeze. I’ve never heard about it, but you have me very intrigued. I’m going to look into it later tonight.

Chatted with Bob a few times today and I think the Lumniscate SCs might be out of my price range at this time. So, I’m going with the 8’ Matrix V2.0. I know they’re not the Lumniscate but from what Bob told me, I should hear a lot more detail over the Cardas Cygnus SCs. Actually, he said all systems are different, but I’ll love them way more than the Cardas. I can’t wait to hook them up and let them break in. I was aware about not moving the Extreme and Matrix until they settle, but Bob told me when I bought the Lumniscate PC, the new technology doesn’t require the settling period and you can move them around if desired. I’ll ask him again just to confirm.

I greatly appreciate your help. If you don’t mind, I’ll send you a message and we can take it offline or off post. Let me know.
Depending on the streamer, player or server you have, you may or may not have access to Squeeze Server. And depending on the company, you will have varying levels of support. Some like Grimm (I believe) do not offer it at all as they are 100% Roon centric. Other companies like Small Green Computer DO offer Squeeze as an app but with no resources put into the GUI , so while it sounds great, the interface is rather spartan There is an iOS app called iPeng that works very well in tandem with LMS. Antipodes favors it over all other apps and lends great support for it. So every company different. But I can guarantee you that it’ll deliver the best digital audio SQ BY FAR. A friend of mine who owns a high end ‘A’ audio shop lit it like this: “At the store I use Roon because so many clients use it and know it and it provides a good frame of reference. At home when I do my serious listening my first choice is vinyl. My 2nd choice is Sense (Innuous app based on Squeeze) and never Roon.“ So it’s not the Roon is bad. They deliver by far and away the best user interface hands down, and the SQ is good. But it’s nothing like Squeeze.

Glad to hear you’re growing into the Cerious line. Bob Grost is a humble but self assured genius who delivers an incredible product for the money. True, it’s not inexpensive. But relative to the top of the line Nordost cable at 5-10 x the cost it’s a genuine value. And sure, feel free to drop me a line offline. - Cheers

KrellFan1

Mar 15, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
**UPDATE*
Hi guys;

Not that often that I get this stoked about anything - let alone a power cord. But my Antipodes K41 server is just about completely broken in and sounded truly great. But I took Robert Grost from Cerious at his word that an upgrade form the Graphene Extreme PC TO his Lumniscate power cord would deliver a significant upgrade. AND OMG! Just unbelievable how - right out of the gate - it has transformed my system.

I had been using his Lumniscate for the Antipodes K22 player and couldn’t have imagined that a PC used with a server would “matter,” but at the risk of hyperbole I can state for the record that it INDEED matters, and matters a LOT. Each note is richer, more full, better defined with an enhanced sound stage and imaging I simply could not have imagined. In short, I am simply BLOWN AWAY, and Bob tells me it will get better after a few days of break in.

I am attaching a few pics here. I essentially now have the full loom of his Luminiscate cables - interconnects for my Tambaqui DAC as well as PC for the same, Interconnects for the DAC out to the Mola Mola Makua preamp and speaker cables out to my Krell 300XD amplifier. And now matching Lumniscate power cords for both the Antipodes player and server. I have reached the end of the upgrade line here. I am thoroughly convinced that no cable at any price can out- perform these Lumniscate cables. I know from blogs and from speaking with Robert that many off his customers have traded in their Nordost Odin2 cable sand hear a market improvement. His website has been refresh and certainly worth a look!

And full disclosure: I do NOT work for the company! You'd think so but I just love to share when I strike gold! And my full updated review of my Antipodes K41 server will follow shortly - by next week at the latest (hopefully) and many thanks to @OLADRA for their fabulous support in assisting me over the past few weeks getting everything dialed in - particular with a stubborn Squeeze issue that is now "perfect." Tis latest PC has enabled me to "squeeze" just about every drop of goodness I can squeeze out of this prize jewel of a server.

Attachments

• Lum PC K22,K41 Connect.jpeg
    Lum PC K22,K41 Connect.jpeg
    607.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Luminiscate PC's.jpeg
    Luminiscate PC's.jpeg
    992.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Lumniscate PC CLOSEUP.jpeg
    Lumniscate PC CLOSEUP.jpeg
    814.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Lumniscate Interconnects.jpeg
    Lumniscate Interconnects.jpeg
    594.8 KB · Views: 14

MacF

Jun 12, 2022
Baltimore
How do you find the Deep=Core & Equi=Core? I recently picked up a Deep=Core & Equi=Core 1800MKIII.

May 29, 2022
@MacF - I love both of them. I have the IIs for both and together they have greatly reduced the noise floor. I was still getting a him with just the Equi=Core, but when I bought the Deep=Core it went away. How long have you had yours and what do you think?

KrellFan1

Mar 15, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
How do you find the Deep=Core & Equi=Core? I recently picked up a Deep=Core & Equi=Core 1800MKIII.
No idea! Not at all familiar with these products. I have two AQ Niagara 5000 units in my system and love the product. Has made a meaningful contribution to SQ.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing