CH Precision at AXPONA 2019

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Hi Everyone. I wanted to list the rooms where CH Precision components will be featured at this year's AXPONA and let you know about some special events too.

1. CH Precision - room 1644. We will be showing the new A1.5 mono amps, L1 pre-amp, C1 HD DAC, P1 phono stage and X1 external supply. Speakers will be the Rockport Cygnus! Turntable/arm will be the De Baer and cartridge will be the Top Wing Red Sparrow. All cabling will be provided by Argento. We will be joined in the room by our Chicago dealer, Musical Artisans - Ricardo Reyes owner, representatives from DeBaer and Argento. We just did a dealer event at Musical Artisans with this system and the results were....I suggest you stop by and hear it for yourself. Please stop by and meet CH Precision electronics designer, Raphael Pasche!

2. Bending Wave Audio - 15th floor Club Lounge. Elliot Goldman, Bending Wave Audio, will be showing the Goebel Divin Nobelesse speakers. Oliver Goebel will be there to discuss his designs. CH Precision electronics will include M1.1 amp, L1 pre-amp, C1 HD DAC, P1 phono stage. The turntable will be the TechDAS Air Force One Premium with Graham arm and TechDAS cartridge! Don't miss this one. We will have two special events in this room: "Coffee With Qobuz" will occur on Saturday and Sunday morning from 10:30-11:30am. David Solomon, Qobuz, will be on hand to discuss this new and exciting streaming service. On Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 1-2pm, Motofumi Hirata, TechDAS, will be discussing the TechDAS Air Force One Premium and playing vinyl!

3. BayZ Audio - room 674. BayZ Audio will be showing their flagship speakers with the CH Precision I1 integrated!

I look forward to meeting all WBF members. Make sure you introduce yourself when you visit our rooms. This is going to be fun. I can't wait.

Reactions: MJB

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I listen many times Cygnus Rockport with Ch in the shop where i bought CH,
I am not a fan of Rockport and hid sound is a little on dark side but with CH was a perfect match,sound really good

MJB

Mar 10, 2013
Outstanding presence Ralph! See you in a couple of weeks!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
CH had an amazing show with great results in so many rooms. Congrats Ralph and Rafael.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
CH had an amazing show with great results in so many rooms. Congrats Ralph and Rafael.
Every Room that CH was in got great reviews and mentions for the top sound at the show.
That's a pretty great endorsement of the product and its place in the audio spectrum. Used on Magico, Rockport and Gobel speakers.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The quote is from TAS.

"The DeBear Saphir turntable and Onyx tonearm were shown in a room hosted by Musical Artisans and CH Precision. Naturally, the electronics were all CH Precision. The speakers were Rockport’s $62,000 Cygnus. The cartridge was the Top Wing Suzaku Red Sparrow ($16,500) and cables were from Argento. Listening to Joni Mitchell’s Mingus album revealed a good soundstage but a slight bit of thinness on Joni’s voice and Jaco’s bass. Since I’ve heard Cygnus sound full in those areas before and CH can be a bit to the lighter side of neutral (depending on configuration), I’m unsure of the cause—other than some reports mentioning the Top Wing cartridge having less fullness in the lower spectrum than other cartridge offerings. Nonetheless, I’d welcome the opportunity to spend more time with the DeBaer Saphir and Onyx to find out more about their capabilities as a vinyl playback source component. (I also wouldn’t mind a very brief audition of the Top Wing cartridge.)"

Personally I never heard CH sounded thin. I could guess why he heard it like that.

And here from Stereophile.
https://www.stereophile.com/content...akers-debaer-saphir-turntable-top-wing-suzaku

The author's comment is not exactly a total compliment when he listened to vinyl. But the guy who made comment down below the article gives a very good impression when he listened to digital in that room.

The vinyl set up is really detrimental and can shoot manufacturers in the foot if not careful.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com

Scuzzii

Jul 23, 2019
The quote is from TAS.

"The DeBear Saphir turntable and Onyx tonearm were shown in a room hosted by Musical Artisans and CH Precision. Naturally, the electronics were all CH Precision. The speakers were Rockport’s $62,000 Cygnus. The cartridge was the Top Wing Suzaku Red Sparrow ($16,500) and cables were from Argento. Listening to Joni Mitchell’s Mingus album revealed a good soundstage but a slight bit of thinness on Joni’s voice and Jaco’s bass. Since I’ve heard Cygnus sound full in those areas before and CH can be a bit to the lighter side of neutral (depending on configuration), I’m unsure of the cause—other than some reports mentioning the Top Wing cartridge having less fullness in the lower spectrum than other cartridge offerings. Nonetheless, I’d welcome the opportunity to spend more time with the DeBaer Saphir and Onyx to find out more about their capabilities as a vinyl playback source component. (I also wouldn’t mind a very brief audition of the Top Wing cartridge.)"

Personally I never heard CH sounded thin. I could guess why he heard it like that.

And here from Stereophile.
https://www.stereophile.com/content...akers-debaer-saphir-turntable-top-wing-suzaku

The author's comment is not exactly a total compliment when he listened to vinyl. But the guy who made comment down below the article gives a very good impression when he listened to digital in that room.

The vinyl set up is really detrimental and can shoot manufacturers in the foot if not careful.

Hi there,

I'm considering purchasing a DaBaer Onyx tonearm for my Transrotor Dark Star TT. It's difficult to find many reviews or info on the sound signature. Out of the box the TR is a touch too bright for me and I want to get a better fuller sound.

Any advice on the Onyx would be greatly appreciated. (from anyone who has heard the arm)
Thanks
John

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing