CH Precision D1.1 and C1.1

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
I understand that CH Precision has recently launched 1.1 interations of the D1 and C1. May I know what are the differences/upgrades?

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Hi. Thanks for the interest in our products. We have redesigned the digital output board of the D1 transport, the connecting cable, now called HD-Link, and digital input board of our C1 DAC. The latest available chipsets on these boards provide us with new processing power allowing us to implement a new upsampling algorithm used on discs played on the D1, USB, and ethernet streaming. The benefit is clearly and easily audible. Owners can easily upgrade as these boards are field replaceable. The board(s) in the C1/D1 are replaced, new HD-Link cable replaces the original, software is upgraded and the owner is good to go. We have not changed the model number of the C1 or D1. Have a look at our web-site for more information: ch-precision.com. Alternatively you can contact me at email listed below and I will get you in touch with one of our dealers.

Reactions: llsaw

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I saw M1.1,now C1.1 and D1.1
Will be also L1.1 and P1.1?
Its not a model change only a new board for the DAC and Transport which takes 5 minutes to do in the field.

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
As Elliot Goldman, one of our US Dealers points out above, there is no model change for the C1 and D1. HD upgrades are available to C1/D1 owners. The M1.1 upgrade is available to M1 owners. The L1 and P1 are current models. We believe the C1/D1/M1.1 upgrades are real examples of protecting CH Precision owners investments.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I love CH sound,for me absolutely one of the best in the world,and CH policy.

They are very serious and clever company.
Their price are exactly the same in all the world,few difference are only for the VAT difference in every country,not like Pass,for example preamp pass XS in usa 38.000 usd and in Italy 51.000 euro and 90% of the products are a lot of difference.

They don't change product like 90% of the company but develop only new board and you can upgrade.
There are very very few CH in the market second hand,so your product have always a good value

You can upgrade your system buying when you can X1 or do pre and phono mono changing only input board

I was first in Italy to buy CH in 2015 or early 2016 when CH was not famous like now and all my friends told me i was crazy because CH was unknown .
Now all told me i did the right choice and all would like to have CH

Very Good Florian,please don't change

TommyC

May 28, 2014
The D1.1 and C1.1 designations are only used in China/HK per Florian. Only changes are the HD boards and CH HD link cable.

Reactions: tunes and llsaw

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing