CH Precision L1/M1.1 Gain settings

davros

Sep 4, 2014
Hi All

Recently acquired the wonderful L1 and M1.1 combination and was wondering what gain settings you use on either the preamp, amplifier or in combination together? (Or A1/1.5)

I am also playing with the global feedback settings and find either 0 or 10 to be working well but also interested in other owners findings on what settings you are using on any of the CH Precision amplifiers?

Have to also say that the service at CH Precision is second to none.

Thanks

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
The gain on the L1 is really to help you make all your sources the same volume when you switch.
I use 2.0 to 2.5 gain on the M1.1 amplifier which was suggested by the factory and the feedback on the amplifier is speaker dependant. ON one of my speakers I use 10 percent and on the other usually zero. On my old speakers I used 20.
Listen to the speakers and adjust this , which as you know is simple from the app, and you can hear what sounds best with your speakers in your room.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Why increase gain of M1? and why suggest from Company?
Now i am listening at normal and no low level,my speaker is 98 db and pre is -- 49 and M1 peak go maximo to 0.4 watt with gain at 0

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Why increase gain of M1? and why suggest from Company?
Now i am listening at normal and no low level,my speaker is 98 db and pre is -- 49 and M1 peak go maximo to 0.4 watt with gain at 0
I don"t have the same speakers as you ! Try it see if you like it . Maybe it wont be the same experience for you since your speakers are more efficient than mine. The Aeon Reference are in the mid to high 80's. The Divin Noblesse is 95 db.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing