Chick Corea, winner of 23 Grammy Awards, dies at age 79

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I'm at a complete loss for words. Chick Corea was not just a jazz legend who I have enjoyed countless times in concert, but was one of the musicians who contributed deeply to the foundation jazz sound track of my life. Too profound a loss to articulate for now. I know what I will be playing tonight. With much love and profound respect.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Sad news. Now He Sings, Now He Sobs was my first jazz piano solo LP.

Reactions: marty

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
it is very sad. RIP Chick. you will be missed.

'Return to Forever' music was a part of my jazz education. will play one of those tonight.

Reactions: marty

Rocoa

Oct 17, 2018
Spain
My jazz craziness began listening to his project Return to Forever. Since then he has accompanied me in many listening sessions, and also live shows. In recent times I've really enjoyed with the latest trio, with McBride and Brian Blade.
We'll miss him for sure. RIP.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing