Chick Corea, winner of 23 Grammy Awards, dies at age 79

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I'm at a complete loss for words. Chick Corea was not just a jazz legend who I have enjoyed countless times in concert, but was one of the musicians who contributed deeply to the foundation jazz sound track of my life. Too profound a loss to articulate for now. I know what I will be playing tonight. With much love and profound respect.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Sad news. Now He Sings, Now He Sobs was my first jazz piano solo LP.

Reactions: marty

Rocoa

Oct 17, 2018
Spain
My jazz craziness began listening to his project Return to Forever. Since then he has accompanied me in many listening sessions, and also live shows. In recent times I've really enjoyed with the latest trio, with McBride and Brian Blade.
We'll miss him for sure. RIP.

fbhifi

Dec 20, 2013
Okatie, SC
Listened to ”Romantic Warrior” in college. What a rip snortin’ wild and crazy ride that was. Never heard anything like it before. Haven’t heard “Romantic Warrior” in a long time, pretty sure I still have the record.
”Now He Sings, Now He Sobs” is an all time favorite. Listen to it all the time.

Thanks for Everything Chick, Rest In Peace.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Just playing "Now He Sings..." Tone Poet BN reissue, and hugely impressed with Chick. What a fertile period it was, so many opportunities, styles, all executed with maximum flair and bravery.
Remain a massive fan thru the Return To Forever period.
Chick will be sorely missed.

Reactions: ack

Pacha

VIP/Donor
Apr 23, 2014
Went to see him many times, both as a solo artist and with Return to Forever. I will miss his live music.

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Went to see him many times, both as a solo artist and with Return to Forever. I will miss his live music.
A group of us went to Wolf and Rismillers Country Club in Reseda to see the Griffith Park concert and it was made into an album and video. I am in the video at the end crowd shot as we were front table slight off center stage left. Freddy did not make the show and Nancy Wilson stepped in and sang a few songs, a shame they cut those out, she was amazing. I am assuming licensing and the like.

Here is the concert video on Chicks page. What an honor!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pacha

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing