Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac passed away today at 79 years old...

Chops

Apr 27, 2016
Central Florida

Extremely sad news. Thanks to my three older brothers, I grew up listening to and appreciating Fleetwood Mac. Listening to the Tango In The Night album right now.

R.I.P. Christine. You will be greatly missed by all.

Re-tread

Mar 8, 2020
A F.Mac song will be my next track.

adrianywu

Nov 15, 2021
I just listened to Rumours yesterday. RIP Christine. You have brought much joy into people's hearts.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I have her Christine Perfect album also. This was her first album, before Fleetwood Mac. Her maiden name was Perfect. She made a real mark on the music scene over the last half century.

Larry

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
She was a top notch song writer: even after so many years songs - while being much more a classical music lover - like eg Songbird and Oh daddy from the Rumours album are still beautiful.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
She was a top notch song writer: even after so many years songs - while being much more a classical music lover - like eg Songbird and Oh daddy from the Rumours album are still beautiful.
She even returned from England not only to rejoin the band but more importantly to care for her ex John McVie who had cancer. Those two songs you mentioned above IMO are her two best. I wonder what the back story was to Oh Daddy

Reactions: Audiocrack

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing