Chronosonic XVX.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Reactions: MJB and ALF

Joe P

May 11, 2019
So a static display ??

According to a post by metaphacts on another forum:

"Two rooms at RMAF: Active room is Sasha DAW with Watchdogs and the new ActivXover.
Passive room?"

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Huge disappointment for me.

i'm guessing this is dealer politics. and i respect that. their customers are their dealers, not audio show attendees....with all due respect.

the dealers deserve to be able to say that this new product was first heard there. whatever Wilson is doing.....they should keep doing it.

OTOH.....maybe if this was Munich..........

Steve Williams

i'm guessing this is dealer politics. and i respect that. their customers are their dealers, not audio show attendees....with all due respect.

the dealers deserve to be able to say that this new product was first heard there. whatever Wilson is doing.....they should keep doing it.

OTOH.....maybe if this was Munich..........

But not even the dealers are going to hear it but I do agree it is dealer politics. Big disappointment for all of us .....with all due respect

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I don't get it. Disappointment, why?

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Speakers are meant to be heard not seen would be my explanation

as an observer of Wilson, it sure appears that every move is calculated. whether Facebook, or an audio show....they have a plan. if you are feeling an emotion and thinking about their product, it's what they wanted.

more like a luxury automobile, not a seat of the pants hifi company.

Steve Williams

as an observer of Wilson, it sure appears that every move is calculated. whether Facebook, or an audio show....they have a plan. if you are feeling an emotion and thinking about their product, it's what they wanted.

more like a luxury automobile, not a seat of the pants hifi company.

CES is a trade show but not RMAF. Hence the show is not restricted to the trade People go to these shows to arrive at some buying decisions as many are in the market and are there to shop equipment To me the speaker is a mini Chronosonic at half the price. Sort of like the Alexx vs the XLF. So yes for me a big disappointment because I bet the speaker is another home run for Daryl and yes it stirs my juices to see the speaker. Having heard it’s big brother several times I’m betting this speaker is going to be a huge seller and for some of us with older Wilson models, this could be the answer

As for the micrometer I would think this is used for time aligning the upper modules.

Reactions: jeff1225

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
CES is a trade show but not RMAF. Hence the show is not restricted to the trade People go to these shows to arrive at some buying decisions as many are in the market and are there to shop equipment To me the speaker is a mini Chronosonic at half the price. Sort of like the Alexx vs the XLF. So yes for me a big disappointment because I bet the speaker is another home run for Daryl and yes it stirs my juices to see the speaker. Having heard it’s big brother several times I’m betting this speaker is going to be a huge seller and for some of us with older Wilson models, this could be the answer

As for the micrometer I would think this is used for time aligning the upper modules.

i'll bet (and Wilson expects) that you will get up off your couch and go to your local Wilson dealer to hear the new XVX.

you, at the dealer, is where the magic happens for Wilson. you, at the show, not so much.

we are talking here about a marketing plan. getting speakers sold.

Reactions: asiufy

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
i'll bet (and Wilson expects) that you will get up off your couch and go to your local Wilson dealer to hear the new XVX.

you, at the dealer, is where the magic happens for Wilson. you, at the show, not so much.

...marketing, if done correctly, can be your friend; especially, with a potentially superior product.

Mike, where do you think the MM7 guys missed the boat?

Cheers!

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA

I get this, but then why have a static display at RMAF? Just do the marketing via audio forums and then encourage auditioning at local dealerships. Haven't some other Wilson speakers been debuted at RMAF? I agree with you that it is all very carefully planned. Wilson is not alone with this approach.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing