Chronosonic XVX.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Only if you keep them on the wheel castors. It is why Wilson advise users to fit the spikes as soon as possible. ;)

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Only if you keep them on the wheel castors. It is why Wilson advise users to fit the spikes as soon as possible. ;)
And how can you not use the supplied Wilson Audio jack. It is indispensable to me

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Has Wilson audio officially confirmed that this is the Xlf replacement?

Asking because xlf is still listed on their website with the other current line up.

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
There have been several MAXX 3's that have sold for sub $25K on Audiogon, I know because I was looking to buy a pair in the past. Currently there is a "Certified Pre Owned" for sale on Audiogon for $35K. This price seems to be outside of what the "actual used market" is for these speakers.

I assume you mean this one since it is the only one I see on Audiogon currently.
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9gg19-wilson-audio-maxx-3-full-range

That speaker is
A) not Wilson Audio Certified AuthenticTM
B) not sold by a Wilson Authorized Dealer (a requirement of Certified AuthenticTM)

What a third party chooses to list a speaker for has nothing to do with Wilson Audio or the real market values we offer dealers for speakers. That third party dealers would choose to list so far above current market value always surprises me.

Last edited:

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Have there been any reports of the larger Wilson's attacking and eating their owners?
Just a couple of packs of watchdogs were reported to have once gone rogue but apparently in the end a couple of well positioned bass traps got them back in line.

Reactions: Lagonda and cjfrbw

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Reactions: dbeau

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
What a beautiful video!

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Hello Bill,

Are there any driver or component or cabinet or crossover or adjustability or manufacturing advancements in the XVX beyond what is embodied in the Master Chronosonic?

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
It's based on the car industry's system of "Certified Pre-owned Cars." Take control of the used market, add minimum value, and most importantly keep the pricing disparity between new and used as small as possible.

Pass Labs did this years ago through Reno Hifi selling "reconditioned" older products at good prices with warranties, new boxes and inspections at the factory. This encouraged trade ins for newer product and upgrades. I think the program was/is very successful and easy shipping with electronics.

It will be interesting to see if many of these expensive speakers actually go to dealers for demonstration purposes. I know my local dealer is not getting another brand's flagship speaker because it is too expensive. They suggest a trip to the factory for audition and then they will provide set up and support but not have the speaker on display locally. I guess if you can pay for a $200K+ speaker, a plane ticket and hotel room are surely affordable.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeff1225

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Pass Labs did this years ago through Reno Hifi selling "reconditioned" older products at good prices with warranties, new boxes and inspections at the factory. This encouraged trade ins for newer product and upgrades. I think the program was/is very successful and easy shipping with electronics.

It will be interesting to see if many of these expensive speakers actually go to dealers for demonstration purposes. I know my local dealer is not getting another brand's flagship speaker because it is too expensive. They suggest a trip to the factory for audition and then they will provide set up and support but not have the speaker on display locally. I guess if you can pay for a $200K+ speaker, a plane ticket and hotel room are surely affordable.

To be clear, I fully support this strategy.

Reactions: asiufy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing