Clearaudio Innovation speed sensor and control card needs replacing !

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
After 10 years my Clearaudio Innovation speed just went into overdrive.Has anyone had the speed sensor and control card replaced ? I have a feeling it will need to go back to Germany for replacement.I will strip it down after New Year for a clean and closer look.Cheers speed sensor and control card.jpg

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
After 10 years my Clearaudio Innovation speed just went into overdrive.Has anyone had the speed sensor and control card replaced ? I have a feeling it will need to go back to Germany for replacement.I will strip it down after New Year for a clean and closer look.Cheers View attachment 102339
Seems like will have to go to Germany for repairs. Maybe your dealer will be able to lend you a replacement for the time?

Reactions: Stump

JimmyJet

Nov 15, 2022
Gig Harbor, WA
After 10 years my Clearaudio Innovation speed just went into overdrive.Has anyone had the speed sensor and control card replaced ? I have a feeling it will need to go back to Germany for replacement.I will strip it down after New Year for a clean and closer look.Cheers
@Stump As a Innovation owner myself, I was curious as to what the outcome of this was - did you get it resolved?

JimmyJet

Nov 15, 2022
Gig Harbor, WA
As it turned out after I cleaned the speed sensor it is working as normal.
Oh thank the Lord - I'm so happy to hear that! Congrats! Personally, I never understood why they thought the speed sensor was necessary - with all that weight of the massive platter and the stainless steel sub-platter, and double that with yours because you have the Master, it seems to me there's enough momentum to keep it stable (even when the stylus is playing a loud passage). I've also heard people say that the speed sensor causes cogging similar to a direct drive, but personally I've never heard any evidence of that. Anyway, happy to hear you got it resolved and to know what caused the issue. -cheers!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing