Connecting speakers to my new mixer amp

EricLovesBass

Jan 7, 2020
Greetings all.

My first post in this forum.

I need some help. I just got my hands on a second hand Peavy XR696F Mixer Amp. I've never had gear like this before and I'm not sure how to connect it to the speakers to test it out. Below I've attached photos of the plug on the back of the amp which after a long web search I think may be Speakon plugs, but I'm not 100% sure. If so can I just use something like this

download (1).png

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Thanks all.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Yes they are speakon connectors. It is the speaker inputs that are unusual. I think this is the first time I've seen phono inputs used on speakers.In my pa rig inputs are speakon as well.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Please check your speaker manual. The other phono input might be for daisy chaining as opposed to one being for + and the other for -

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing