Connecting subwoofer to Luxman integrateds

howardr

Mar 16, 2022
I've had my Luxman L-507uXII (speakers Focal Aria 936) for a several months now, and have been thoroughly enjoying it. However, I'm now looking for that extra bass, and I'm ready to add 1 or 2 subs. I've read about some people connecting it to Speaker B, and some to Pre-out. What do you find is the most efficient connection with the best control and integration with the L and R speakers?

I also have my avr connected to the Luxman. My understanding is that when Separate is engaged to input the avr, the Luxman pre-amp is bypassed, as well as the subs if connected to the pre-outs. Is that correct? Thanks.

Last edited:

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
There are Pro's and Con's to connecting subwoofers at either high or low level output. Most subs only have the low level input. The low level output is easy but can result in a little higher noise floor due to the connection to the class D amp of the subwoofer.

Which subs do you have or are you considering getting? I recommend the analysis plus super sub cables. great for subs and pretty inexpensive. They can make either type of cable for you.

howardr

Mar 16, 2022
Ended up getting a REL T/9x, and using their included cable to connect the sub to my Luxman L and R positive speaker terminals, and to one of my negative speaker terminals, as recommended by REL. Works great. The REL also has a dedicated input from an AVR that can be used at the same time. Very happy with the system integration all around.

Arif_in_Japan

Aug 20, 2022
I am using a Bryston10B-sub crossover and connected my SVS SB16 to the c900/m900 combo. The Bryston is very transparent and I was able to isolate the frequencies which were causing a boom in my room.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing