Connector p*rn

A14FEE3A-CAC2-4DCC-A10F-BC7954DB1158.jpeg
“I know it when I see it” runs the quote and I’ll throw this picture out for your delectation. These have now been sent out to a couple of local WBF members and I’ll leave them chime in with their thoughts on sound quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks nicely done. What is the cable and socket?

That is the JPS In-Wall cable.... coming from my Equi-tech wall cabinet. I use either JPS or Oyaide receptacles.

THIS is what happens IF you don't do it like above.............. had to hire a "good" electrician to crimp/solder/shrink wrap each connector to gold spades $$$.

My Camera's Pictures 036.jpg

That is the JPS In-Wall cable.... coming from my Equi-tech wall cabinet. I use either JPS or Oyaide receptacles.

THIS is what happens IF you don't do it like above.............. had to hire a "good" electrician to crimp/solder/shrink wrap each connector to gold spades $$$.

View attachment 54672
Who did this wow. Also why does this go on and out ? Not a dedicated line ?

Who did this wow. Also why does this go on and out ? Not a dedicated line ?

The first electrician didn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground. The leg goes to 3 receptacles. There are 24 receptacles in the studio, but only 8 lines coming from the cabinet going into 3 rooms. I had to make sure I divided them up in the room correctly, depending on where the equipment was being placed.

Isn’t in-wall wiring typically solid core for this reason? The Oyaide ee / f-s range certainly is and stiff as hell.

JPS In-wall cable is stranded 10ga. I have about 1000' in the studio. Here's the ad copy:

Specifications are easily met at 30 amps with heavy duty 600V, 105C rated (UL) VW-1, (CSA) FT-1, 2 x 10 AWG (5.27 mm2) current carrying conductors, plus ground (3 conductors total). Outer diameter is approx. 0.6 inches (1.5 cm) overall but flexible and easy to install. This unique AC cable noticeably improves performance and resolution in any quality installation, and once installed as a dedicated run to the main panel avoids the need for extensive conditioning within the room. Please specify and install JPS Labs Power AC In-Wall cable into your critical audio or video room, recording studio or editing room for the finest possible results without the worry of ground loop hum and noise affecting audio and video quality.

Last edited:
Thanks Mark. Yes I ordered a pair to see whether they were useful or not - I didnt have particularly high expectations after all they are only sockets lol (or so I thought).

I decided to undertake the requisite change on my NVO Spa II phono stage output. After installation I played familiar music and immediately noticed a much quieter noise floor. Actually so much so, that I turned up the volume more and couldn’t hear anything so thought it wasn’t on until music burst into the room. Strange since I didn’t see anything wrong with the existing plugs.

The sound was fuller in the mid bass with rich tone and lots of space. Bottom end hefty per Bocch mains plugs.

All in all a great little upgrade. I shall implement elsewhere.
I finally got around to installing the TomCat RCA sockets and in my case it proved a little harder to undertake being a walnut chassis with the sockets on a metal supporting plate. The extra hard work was well worth it and in fact the sound quality improvement was much greater than I anticipated.

As Audiophilebill mentioned, greater density, lower noisefloor and greater depth with an even more lifelike presentation. Hardly a little upgrade, sorry Bill. So there’s something in this synergy lark and it makes a mockery of low mass construction being the ideal.

I’m impressed, very impressed.

Now I have to plan replacing binding posts and spades but before that Deulund caps on the Duo crossover I think.

Daiza platforms and Aqua analogue board ordered. Oh! Happy Days.

Cheers
Blue58

Reactions: Sablon Audio
And for Blue58’s Duo upgrade project.......
Well these didn’t work out for my amp unfortunately as they are so massively overbuilt with a precision and smooth rotating clamping nut straight out of Swiss watch manufacturing. It’s hard to see how massive these are in the hand and would be perfect in a loudspeaker cabinet where lower gauge wire would be used.

But on another note here are my reworked Avantgarde pigtail Sablon speaker cables now with a twist geometry and the lovely Bocchino spades. The wire gauge is different for the bass and tweeter tails and the bass tail has the slightly larger Bocchino spade just to differentiate them. Spirit of music has been impressed with his reworked cables and I’m hoping all my new tweaks will bring further musicality and transparency to the system. E142BDEB-8F3E-4690-B0C2-32B1F4158D79.jpeg

Reactions: Sablon Audio

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing