Cool Visit…

2ndLiner

Dec 16, 2015
I had a wonderful afternoon today! @Mike Lavigne was in my neck of the planet and was able to come by for a brief but thoroughly enjoyable hang. A warm, engaging, and enthusiastic lover of music and the gear that delivers it is he! @J.R. Boisclair, a friend from the neighborhood who has been instrumental in helping me get my listening room dialed in also came by (he’s warm, engaging, and enthusiastic, too!). We had a lovely time listening to music and sharing experiences from traveling down the audio rabbit hole. Thanks so much for making the time, Mike, and I hope our paths cross again soon!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I had a wonderful afternoon today! @Mike Lavigne was in my neck of the planet and was able to come by for a brief but thoroughly enjoyable hang. A warm, engaging, and enthusiastic lover of music and the gear that delivers it is he! @J.R. Boisclair, a friend from the neighborhood who has been instrumental in helping me get my listening room dialed in also came by (he’s warm, engaging, and enthusiastic, too!). We had a lovely time listening to music and sharing experiences from traveling down the audio rabbit hole. Thanks so much for making the time, Mike, and I hope our paths cross again soon!
had a great quick session with Michael (2ndLiner) yesterday. i really appreciated him reaching out and offering the invite to his room. enjoyed his warm hospitality and intro to his compact but formidable system. enjoyed meeting J.R. too and might need to connect with him later regarding cartridge set-up assets he offers. i have to go catch a plane now, but Michael has done a super job to get world class sound from a 12' x15' room.

loved his Lampi Pacfic, and this system does vocals and small combo music at very high levels. the quality pieces are there for sure, but that does not always equal results. thank you Michael, and hope we can get together again some time.

1648057825516.jpeg

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
2ndLiner, is it possible for you to list your equipment, cables , etc. ? Thank you

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
2ndLiner, is it possible for you to list your equipment, cables , etc. ? Thank you
" Taiko Extreme, Pacific DAC, CJ GAT2, VAC 200iq mono blocs, Raidho TD1.2 monitors supplemented by the DEBRA bass array"

......is the gear list that 2ndLiner had sent me. i was particularly impressed by the 3D holographic presentation. the bass performance beyond what might seem possible in that room. it had heft and agility. the Swarm intelligently applied was very effective and the integration was very good.

2ndLiner

Dec 16, 2015
Thanks for your kind words, Mike, your appreciation for my little slice of sonic heaven puts a big smile on my face! And thanks for your interest, Facten. Along with what Mike detailed in my system I have fibre optic internet and I use both an M12 Gold with the JCAT Optimo power supply, and a Nenon modded Buffalo with a Pink Faun clock and Sean Jacobs DC4 power supply. My ethernet cabling is a combination of JCAT, Sablon, and Shunyata Omega. Interconnects are Cardas Clear Beyond. I had been using Ansuz Diamond Series speaker cables but I'm currently using some made by David Laboga (from Poland). Lucas Domansky of LDMS servers reps the Laboga line. For power cords I use a mix of Ansuz Diamond series, Audience Front Row and VH Audio (Chris Venhaus). I also use a Sound Application (Connie and Jim Weil) TT-7 Reference Line Conditioner. My racks and speaker stands are made by Arnold Marr of Core Audio Designs. You will not meet a nicer or more dedicated guy than Arnold. I have minimal room treatment, GIK acoustic panels at first reflection. JR and I built the "thing" on the front wall. It is made of styrofoam to specs provided by QRDude. Though meant to be a diffusor, it's probably partly absorber due to the porous quality of the styrofoam. I'm not sure how much it effects SQ but is cool to look at when listening. We are also getting our power dialed in by updating our aged mains box and plan to run a few dedicated lines from the box to outlets. I have had very helpful input from Rex Hungerford (Kingrex)...

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
MikeL's visit will make you smile. Bonzo's visit will make you regret.

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
Thank you 2ndLiner and Mike Lavigne for responding to my quer; . "food for thought" . Very nice system!

Reactions: 2ndLiner

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing