Coronavirus ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus

There is global talk about this virus originating from China and spreading around the globe's four corners.
In Canada (my home) there is a good chance that we have one confirmed case, in the province of Ontario.
In Texas, USA, they are running out of masks.

I don't know much about this story making the news by the hour, only some friends and family members talking about it briefly...mentioning it because they watch the news on TV. And, it has zero to do with climate change.
It's probably because of snakes traded on the illegal market.

The more I read about it the more I become aware of its consequences in a reality world.

What says you?

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
All those movies we've seen about zombies and epidemics...I am glad CDC takes this stuff so seriously.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus

There is global talk about this virus originating from China and spreading around the globe's four corners.
In Canada (my home) there is a good chance that we have one confirmed case, in the province of Ontario.
In Texas, USA, they are running out of masks.

I don't know much about this story making the news by the hour, only some friends and family members talking about it briefly...mentioning it because they watch the news on TV. And, it has zero to do with climate change.
It's probably because of snakes traded on the illegal market.

The more I read about it the more I become aware of its consequences in a reality world.

What says you?
It was not the snake Bob. It was the bat. Weird people ate bat over there. We have contained 8 people with infection so far. Five already released. They all got it from traveling to China. So I cancel my trip to china this month.

Tang

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
It was not the snake Bob. It was the bat. Weird people ate bat over there. We have contained 8 people with infection so far. Five already released. They all got it from traveling to China. So I cancel my trip to china this month.

Tang

They mentioned two type of snakes, including the Chinese Cobra, and true they also mentioned bats.
There was a video of a girl eating bat.

All here ...
https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/coronavirus-factsheet-what-you-need-to-know#comments

CAUSE: "It’s believed the virus came from illegally traded wildlife at an animal market in Wuhan, particularly the kait snake and Chinese cobra."

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England

Tang
It took a supply of dodgy chicken to dodgy chicken takeaways in UK to set off our last big hygeine epidemic over here.

Hmm, consumer choice?

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
5 confirmed cases of coronavirus into Australia already... crazy stuff. Apparently border control here was handing out advice via leaflets at airports rather than doing thermal screening :rolleyes:... as if the images coming out of Wuhan didn’t make appropriate response obvious enough already.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Yeah, because the Chinese would never be involved with any intellectual property theft. Never!

I'm not into Chinese spy stuff and fake Rollex and telecommunication network and clowning everything the USA make. Because China is not alone in hiding and manipulating and controlling and dictating.

Everything is a conspiracy theory? That seems like a slight exaggeration. As an example, they have story about Kobe being dead and even CNN agrees that he is dead.

It's not easy to read with objectivity ZeroHedge. But I was already familiar with that story in Canada's lab when it first broke up. I have zero clue as to the true extent of this situation, only that when I first read it last year I found it quite alarming. ...And I guess I wasn't alone because severe measures were applied, with the firing of the Chinese lab tech woman.
Now with the global situation of Coronavirus spreading outside the confinement of China, it takes an amplified meaning.
This is an important situation to follow by the hour, and it's not easy because people can get infected without deciphering any symptoms; it's like an invisible enemy.

I don't know when the World Health Organization and if they will step up to the plate ... it's complicated ... very...logistically complex.

? https://theconversation.com/coronav...obal-public-health-emergency-explained-130441

Day tracking ...
https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Easy, gentlemen. “Right” and “biased” and “media bias” and “CNN” and true or not true is sounding perilously close to politics to me.

Let’s get back to the opening post topic of this thread.

Reactions: Alrainbow and DaveC

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I am concerned about the health of people living on our planet.
I don't give a rat's tail about people giving false news, playing political games.

This is a serious global issue that requires serious actions.
So if you agree with me welcome in discussing smart solutions for serious world's issues...global human's health.

Thank you very much, have a lovely day...classical music is healthy.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
So what’s your solution? This thread could use one of your long rambling incoherent posts to spice things up.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
First, forget ZeroHedge.
Two, sticks with the topic and out of fake news and politics.

The solution is to find the antidote, research and prevention, and stop illegal animal and human trafficking. We are doing our best right now, but this thing keeps spreading ... it affects health and economics big time. Find the causes, eliminate them, and find the antidote...smart investments for the human race survival...the most important factor on Earth; health in a healthy environment...from all aspects...physical, economical, logical, methodical, surgical, effective.

Don't eat bats. Don't bring snakes from China, live healthy, do correct things, don't pollute Earth's environnent, respect science, be good to yourself, your family and neighbors. :)

Reactions: jeff1225

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I am concerned about the health of people living on our planet.
I don't give a rat's tail about people giving false news, playing political games.

This is a serious global issue that requires serious actions.
So if you agree with me welcome in discussing smart solutions for serious world's issues...global human's health.

Thank you very much, have a lovely day...classical music is healthy.
It is serious. I agree Bob. Infection is spreading wide enough. Companies I deal with in China in other provinces all extended their close. This morning there is a report saying there are incidents in two countries with man to man infection. Before this people had to been to China to get infected. Now the infection can walk to you. I just ordered an avoidance of meeting with our Chinese counterparts. Even my Chinese partners living in Thailand order a stop of traveling back to China. The prolong close of business will effect the supply and price of product at least for pesticide business that I am in.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I'm glad Tang that you also weight in in seriousness. This is certainly not a game to play with.
I didn't create this thread to get it locked down by some absurd news and absurd politics.
It's a health issue, a scientific reality. It concerns my children and grand children and your little boy. It concerns us all.

There are people coming back from China to Canada and to the USA as we speak now, and without taking all necessary precautions. I won't post any links as it's in the news all over.
What can we do right now, us sitting in the comfort of our homes and adjusting the VTA and calibrating our projectors? ...Pray for the very best ...

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
World War Z, the BOOK not the movie?

Perspective is needed though.
From the CDC's own website:
Disease burden of the Flu in the US per annum

"The burden of influenza disease in the United States can vary widely and is determined by a number of factors including the characteristics of circulating viruses, the timing of the season, how well the vaccine is working to protect against illness, and how many people got vaccinated. While the impact of flu varies, it places a substantial burden on the health of people in the United States each year.
CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

Seems like we dont fear the flu unless it gets a sexy name and some PR.

I am NOT saying to pooh pooh this strain, but how is this as yet so different that the "knock down" flus that come up every 10 years like the Hong kong Flu of 1968 or the BAD strain that hit us in 1995, which people seem to have forgotten. It took my Mom 4 months to shake it and she was just 63 years old then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_flu_pandemic
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/basics/past-pandemics.html

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
If we can take this scientifically and medically serious without the cultural over-reaction and on the street panic, then we will be in good shape.

I just heard that in Denmark someone ran a cartoon of the Chinese flag, replacing he stars with an image of the virus. This kind of thing is at best "unhelpful".

But hey, mankind is not living in its proudest moment, so I guess its par for the course.

Reactions: jeff1225
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing