Counterpoint tubes

jazzer

Mar 6, 2020
Owned SA-5000 and SA-220 since 1992. Replaced tubes in both in 2018. Yes, first time. I would appreciate thoughts on best tubes for these components. They drive a pair of Acoustat Model 3 slimline speakers with the Mk 121 transformer upgrade. Yes, about everything I have is from "back in the day."
Thanks in advance.
Jazzer

Barry

Member Sponsor
Jan 7, 2012
Somewhere near Philadelphia, USA
Jazzer: For Rectifier tubes in both the SA_5000 and SA-220 the best by far is the RFT EZ80 from Germany. They're about $20 each. I don't have any recommendations for the other tubes as my NP220 takes a different input tube than the 6DJ8/ 6992 tubes yours uses.

Reactions: analyzer

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
Jazzer: For Rectifier tubes in both the SA_5000 and SA-220 the best by far is the RFT EZ80 from Germany. They're about $20 each. I don't have any recommendations for the other tubes as my NP220 takes a different input tube than the 6DJ8/ 6992 tubes yours uses.

I agree. Also in my NP220 (now for sale actually) I tried other rectifiers: 6BW4 Sylvania and GE, EZ81 also but the best is without any doubt EZ80 RFT from Germany that is also very cheap in comparison with other tube NOS rectifiers...
my best
Marco

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing