Critical Mass Footers under Lumin X1 & power supply?

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
I own a Lumin X1 and have underneath it the CM2 1.5 footers.
Now I wonder if also placing a set underneath the separate power supply would also be a benefit.

ozzy

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Good question?
Not to hijack your thread, but I have a similar dilemma.
Is it better to put the CM footers under my Aurender N30 control chassis or power supply chassis?
Only have 1 set.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I own a Lumin X1 and have underneath it the CM2 1.5 footers.
Now I wonder if also placing a set underneath the separate power supply would also be a benefit.

ozzy
I have 1.5's under all of my power supplies and yes it makes a big difference

Steve Williams

Good question?
Not to hijack your thread, but I have a similar dilemma.
Is it better to put the CM footers under my Aurender N30 control chassis or power supply chassis?
Only have 1 set.
Under the N30 chassis first and then the power supply

Reactions: gfroman

Steve Williams

Always place the CS footers under the mains first and power supplies last
its also best to start with the source and follow the signal with amps being last and then power supplies

Reactions: gfroman

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
So, since I have a set under my Lumin X1 and another set under my AudioQuest Niagara 7000 are you saying it would be better to place the set under the Lumin power supply instead of under the Niagara?

ozzy

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
So, since I have a set under my Lumin X1 and another set under my AudioQuest Niagara 7000 are you saying it would be better to place the set under the Lumin power supply instead of under the Niagara?

ozzy
Seems like an easy thing to try. Put the footers under the PS and listen. Then move back to Niagara and see which one you like best. Only your ears can tell you which one is best for you.

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
I will but remember the Niagara weighs 90lbs. So not so easy to go back and forth.
ozzy

Reactions: Pokey77

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
I hear ya, too bad this olé man is 70 and the Niagara is on the bottom shelve. But it will happen...

ozzy

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
So, I have now the 2 sets of CM2 under my Lumin X1 and its power supply. And, I must say I am enjoying the sound quality. There is more depth and finer detail. It will probably improve further as the footers settle in.

So, I guess under the AudioQuest Niagara power conditioner was not as important as I thought.

ozzy

Reactions: Pokey77

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Kinda back to my original question.
The Lumin X1 does have a separate power supply, and at the moment I have a CS2 1.5 under the Lumin X1 and a 1.0 CS2 under the separate power supply. I also have a CS2 1.0 sets under my JL-Audio CR-1 Electronic power supply and under my 2 mono block amps. I do not use a Pre-Amp.

Question: I'm going to purchase a new CS2M 1.5 set that I intend to place under the Lumin X1.
Should I then place the CS2 1.5 under the Lumin X1 power supply or under my JL-Audio CR-1 electronic crossover?

ozzy

Reactions: Bbock

Steve Williams

Put them under your power supply. I have all of my power supplies (6) sitting on Center stage footers. The sonic improvement was not expected by me. You'll be quite happy with them under your power supply

Steve Williams

Thank you. That's what I will go with.

ozzy
FWIW it is also very easy to place under the power supply and evaluate for a few weeks and then place them under your other component. I still feel power supply will give better results

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
That's true. I guess I thought under the JL CR-1 may be a better place since it connects to all my equipment.
I will first try the 1.5 first under the Lumin power supply and then try it under the CR-1.
Typically, it takes a few days for these to adjust to the new weight, but I'll give both places a try.

ozzy

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
So, one more question that has never been answered even by the folks that make the Critical Mass footers:
Does the larger size footer work better on more sensitive equipment or better under heavier equipment?

ozzy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing