CRITICAL MASS SYSTEMS PRODUCT OF THE YEAR AWARD THE ABSOLUTE SOUND

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Critical Mass Systems CenterStage2 Isolation Feet
$240 apiece (and up)
The first iterations of Joe Lavrencik’s pricey acoustic-isolation feet didn’t overly impress JV (or RH). But these second-generation versions…well, they come very close to living up to the hype that Joe has lavished on them (he thinks they’re the best products he’s designed). Through the ultra-transparent MBL 101 X-treme loudspeakers, the differences they made parked under two pairs of MBL 9008 A monoblock amplifiers (resting on Lavrencik’s superb CMS Olympus stands) quickly became obvious—a wholesale relaxation of the sound, which by comparison seemed slightly bunched-up (like a sock fresh out of the dryer), and a consequent improvement in definition and dynamics (particularly apparent in the lower octaves) that made deep bass lines easier to follow and increased and better controlled slam in the mid-to-upper bass. Yeah, they cost a bit, but once installed they’ve proved indispensable—and Product of the Year-worthy, in JV and RH’s opinion. (reviewed this issue)

Reactions: LeBlanc

Duke LeJeune

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 22, 2013
Princeton, Texas
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Steve!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
What a coincidence I swapped out my CS1s with CS2s yesterday after I set my electronics back up at home after them being crated up after returning from our show. Now to compare the roller coaster ride LOL Funny thing is...Everything sounded good and normal all day from noon to before I went to bed. congratulations CMS and PPS :D

QXK wins at HiFi+ too!

So much for secret weapons hey Stevie?

Reactions: Steve Williams

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
What a coincidence I swapped out my CS1s with CS2s yesterday after I set my electronics back up at home after them being crated up after returning from our show. Now to compare the roller coaster ride LOL Funny thing is...Everything sounded good and normal all day from noon to before I went to bed. congratulations CMS and PPS :D

QXK wins at HiFi+ too!

So much for secret weapons hey Stevie?
I want to know how it sounds today lol.
Glad to hear you got your system back together. Did you rearrange like you were talking about?

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Congrats! :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I want to know how it sounds today lol.
Glad to hear you got your system back together. Did you rearrange like you were talking about?

Yes I did. Cables are dressed much more decently now too. LOL

I'm afraid to go down there hahahaha

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing