CS port...another contender or ??

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
There’s a fair amount of ‘discussion ‘ about a new line from Japan...
This line is the CS port line....see here: www.csport.audio

The company has an amp that features the 212E triode tube and a turntable that features an air bearing arm.
The 212E triode tube is a huge tube....and one that I would suspect would be highly susceptible to microphonics. (Unfortunately like so many of the large tubes that are so popular in the SET world right now!:eek::(. )

Although the design of these amps seems to place a shield/cage around the tube...possibly to shield it from unwanted attention and the aforementioned microphonics.

Anyhow, one of my Japanese a’phile friends swears by this gear..and tells me it is at the pinnacle of the art.

Anyone else heard it?

Might be an option for driving a new pair of Pendragons......:rolleyes:

Reactions: amadeus and 108CY

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Yes! Another take on the Micro Seiki, it looks like a beautiful update on the design.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
It looks like some very interesting stuff!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Holy Moly! That tt is love at first sight.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
This line is the CS port line....see here: www.csport.audio

reading on the web site:

Switching power supply and analog power supply

It is no exaggeration .................................. From there, it produces a sound like a clear stream of the Alp
s.

every weekend I see one going skiing, I did not know they were so famous even in the Far East. ;)

Reactions: bonzo75

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
reading on the web site:

Switching power supply and analog power supply

It is no exaggeration .................................. From there, it produces a sound like a clear stream of the Alp
s.

every weekend I see one going skiing, I did not know they were so famous even in the Far East. ;)

LOL, I’m not writing their press, but if I was, I’m not sure I could surpass that kind of hyperbole :D

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
That Google Translate has got to be The Bard, William Shakespeare.

Last edited:

Jeffy

Apr 27, 2014
Orchard Lake, MI
I can smell bs 1000’s of miles away. 40watts of tube power will not drive a current hungry speaker. Switching power supply’s single ended no noise. Wow

108CY

May 4, 2013
going hear the turntable very shortly looks promising

108CY

May 4, 2013
Having lived with the turntable for over two years, I can safely say it is one of the most musically captivating turntables currently available, it has sheer ability to draw you into the music in a very natural way and has a stability to the sound with nuance that is not easy to obtain from an airbearing design.Cs Port overall has proved it self by making fine components the Phono stage is indeed special and the 212 monoblocks are world class in my opinion rather special beasts I have a pair and have been listening over the past weeks and are indeed very special.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Most of these new air bearing designs with low pressure LT arms, should give parts of their profits or at least a dedication to Peter Forsell who did all this 30 years ago ;)

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Most of these new air bearing designs with low pressure LT arms, should give parts of their profits or at least a dedication to Peter Forsell who did all this 30 years ago ;)

Almost a decade before the Forsell Air Force One Signature that I still own and appreciate a lot, I have used an Eminent Technology model I - very crude finish, an horrible lift but the same air bearing and pump as the current ET low pressure units! In fact both tonearms were delivered with the same the pump - in fact I do not know which tonearm predates which.

BTW, thanks to a good friend who pointed it again to me, I re-read the eleven page long review of TheAbsoluteSound Forsell Air Force One Signature review by Michael M. Gindi, who wrote great reviews in TAS and later in FI. A very interesting travel in time to 1993 - in fact little changed in the analog debate during decades. :)

Reactions: Lagonda

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
i certainly love my CS Port LFT1........and........it's quiet as a tomb........low flow......low pressure......air bearings. been here 6 months now and i'd call it essential. beautiful to look at, a wonder to use, and superb to hear.

https://www.csport.audio/products/products-lft1-en.html

3TR--CS p tt (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited:

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Almost a decade before the Forsell Air Force One Signature that I still own and appreciate a lot, I have used an Eminent Technology model I - very crude finish, an horrible lift but the same air bearing and pump as the current ET low pressure units! In fact both tonearms were delivered with the same the pump - in fact I do not know which tonearm predates which.

BTW, thanks to a good friend who pointed it again to me, I re-read the eleven page long review of TheAbsoluteSound Forsell Air Force One Signature review by Michael M. Gindi, who wrote great reviews in TAS and later in FI. A very interesting travel in time to 1993 - in fact little changed in the analog debate during decades. :)
Do you have a link to the review Micro ?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Do you have a link to the review Micro ?

Only the paper magazine - I have the full TAS collection starting with issue one. But now I need reeding glasses to read such small print ... ;) Current digital issues are better in some sense, we just increase font size!

Reactions: Lagonda and bonzo75

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

The model 1 Eminent Technology is listed for 1983 in their product history. The ET arms have the arm tube attached to a center rod that is pressurized from outside by air coming from the stationary air block, like Walker and Maplenoll. The Bergmann, CS Port, Forsell ,VYGER and Holbo have the armtube attached to a guide that is pressurized from the inside by a stationary perforated center rod.
The Forsell model seems to be more popular these days, less required pressure and less moving mass maybe ?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing