CS port...another contender or ??

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
it's low flow, low pressure.

so dead quiet compressor, plus no air pulses to add noise.
I was responding to the poster representing the Eastern European TT, Holbo :)

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Its better than the TechDas I have heard both and have a TAT2 arriving tomorrow.

nd how does your Tat 2 sound can you tell us more please?

scot

Jan 4, 2018
Hi

Does CS Port have a distributor or any authorized dealers in the US?

Thank you
Scot

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
@scot
To my knowledge Axiss Audio is on the way to become potentially the distributor of CS-Audio

You may ask them about the current status of negotiation.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
@scot
To my knowledge Axiss Audio is on the way to become potentially the distributor of CS-Audio

You may ask them about the current status of negotiation.

For potential USA customers, I certainly hope not. Just have a look at Accuphase prices vs Japan retail. Rip off

scot

Jan 4, 2018
Thank you for letting me know guys. I've always been interested in air bearing tables with air bearing tonearm. Does anyone have a contact for overseas retailer? Thanks again.

Scot

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
New video seemingly comparing the TAT2 with SL-1000R. Listening starts at 9 min mark.

Yhank you sharing this can somebody translate what they say it looks like they are clearly convinced about the superiority of the CS Port Tat 2

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
here is a link to the post with the translation;

djsina2

May 30, 2019
I heard the TAT2 is now called TAT2M2 and the platter is brass with nickel plating instead of stainless steel. I wonder if this is a cost cutting measure or simply tuning the sound further?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I heard the TAT2 is now called TAT2M2 and the platter is brass with nickel plating instead of stainless steel. I wonder if this is a cost cutting measure or simply tuning the sound further?
i searched for a reference to that model code "TAT2M2", and information about a different platter material for the TAT2. if what you say is true i have no idea about it.

do you have a link with information referencing that?

as far as conjecture about whether that idea of nickel plated brass (compared to stainless) being an indication of 'cost-cutting', i'm skeptical but lack the knowledge to interpret that in any particular way.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
i searched for a reference to that model code "TAT2M2", and information about a different platter material for the TAT2. if what you say is true i have no idea about it.

do you have a link with information referencing that?

as far as conjecture about whether that idea of nickel plated brass (compared to stainless) being an indication of 'cost-cutting', i'm skeptical but lack the knowledge to interpret that in any particular way.
Sorry no link and I don’t think they updated their site yet.

I think in normal times SS is more expensive than brass. Maybe it’s even more so now? I also believe SS is more difficult (expensive?) to machine and finish. I’m no expert in this area either though.

However, maybe they simply found the nickel plated brass sounded better.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing