Cybershaft new top model 10M clocks : UPOCXO-OP20A/OP21A

TLi

May 27, 2016
There is HIGH/LOW level setting for OP21A-D. Anyone can share the listening experience of setting HIGH/LOW?

Thanks.
You can change to both settings on the fly, so comparison is easily.

In my dCS Vivaldi system, the LOW gives more detailed and refined sound. the HIGH is a little rough.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
There is HIGH/LOW level setting for OP21A-D. Anyone can share the listening experience of setting HIGH/LOW?

Thanks.
Low setting better for the CH Precision clock cars input too.

Reactions: plasmod3

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
The only difference these settings make with Esoteric gear, at least mine from the 03 and now the 02 generation is
the speed and certainty of achieving and retaining clock-sync. No sonic differences,....amplitude of a clock signal cannot
as far as I know, affect sonic performance, only the correctness and phase noise, Allen Deviation, performance etc...thereof,

diaZ

Dec 30, 2019
In my combination with the OP20A and the Esoteric K-01XS together with the N-03T, both units sound better with the low output settings. Both are working, but the low output position sounds better, more natural with a bit more atmosphere.
The difference was not great but it was audible. I have no technical explanation for this effect.

Before the OPA20A I used a cybershaft clock with only one output in combination with the cybershaft transformer/splitter.
While this splitter reduced the clocks output voltage, it worked perfect and sounded not worse, means the Esoteric clock input dont need high clock output voltage.

Reactions: Stump

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
Low setting better for the CH Precision clock cars input too.
thanks ck will have to try the low setting, thought high was better in a thread somewhere but havent done an a/b before - thanks:)

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
Since upgrading to the Mutec Ref10 -120db/hz which is similar with the specs of the Cybershaft OP20.

The sonics brought forth, does have a edge over the standard Ref10 in all areas.

Subtly, there is more of everything i remember from going from no clock to a better clock and again to a -120db/hz clock, a step in the same direction.

The improvement brought forth are unlike vastly different sonic presentations that can be achieved from using different brands of clock cables, where a particular sonic presentation will prevail, regardless of clock used.

Apart from saying it is better overall, i was and am continuingly stunned as well as more than just pleased that what i can now clearly pick out that the biggest improvement, that is, the bass which now goes an octave lower at least, and the energy in the low regions imparts such ferocity, tightly focussed bass energy much like the unmistakable exhaust grunt of a V12 engine, well at least a V8!

Totally thrilled, together with the correct configuration of my various clock cables( i use a total of 9 clock cables being 3 X Shunyata Sigma clock 50, 1 X Sigma 75, 1 each of Acrolink/ Esoteric DA6100 and DA 5100, 1 X Sotm DBCL50 , 1 X Cybershaft 50 ohm-11 feet and 1 X VH Audio Pulsar in my clock configuration.

All this disciplined my the fine Mutec Ref10 120db/hz.

The bass energy is now just mind blowing, my 12" woofers sounds to have grown to at least a 13 and a half inch driver!

The bass is not only lower packed with energy, it is as if the midbass has followed that octave downward, deep and abundant with energy.

This is unlike where lower bass one encounters with a larger speaker with one size up bass drivers, where the punch or midbass energy lessens to some extent revealing low bass notes in typically in 3 way speaker designs.

I cannot say how this transforms in a speaker setup with smaller bass drivers, less bass?

Just fantastic, utterly!

Amazing. I am sure you are an expert in the CLOCK CABLES selection with that collection.
I am getting from "standard" BNC cables to the unknown teritory.

I have very complicated DAC that requires the clock sharing between the 4 boxes.
Master L+ / slave L-/ slave R+/ slave R-
It is going to shere 44.1 upto 192 khz only so NO Master reference .
Just noticed today how gigantic difference it is by swiching between the BNC cables.
I had no idea how much is lost with use of poor clock cable.

What CLOCK cables do you recommend ?
Could you also mention in short each recommended cable character?

Everyone is welcome to give me some suggestions for the best clock cables please.

Also is it worth to invest into top class solution or "middle class" will be almost as good?

Thank you in advance,

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
I would guess that you are looking at 75ohm, thought i have preferred 50ohm even on 75ohm connections.

Being that you require 4 cables and that they have to have the same character in your situation, mix and match should likely not be entertained since they are left, right connections. I would think for C/P ratio, stick with say shunyatas Alphas for overall balance / towards the slight warm and holistic sound with some bloom or the Sotm's clk50 cables which are very neutral, clear, fast and tight sound with less "presence" and possibly better suited if you listen to mostly instrumental and classical.

I have not tried that many, but my mix of the current cables all possess their characteristic that compliments each's shortcomings imo.

For an idea, adding in another sotm cable, found it too clinical and cold. Adding a Sigma V1 tipped the balance overly dark, slower. I did test a Sigma V2 recently, but to my year was not as what was reported by others, It did have more overall clarity to the sound (more technical sounding), but what it gave also took away from the characteristics i favoured from the V1 presentation.

With some tweaking, the difference, i must say became negligible - sort of filtering effect which i was able to tweak elsewhere to strike a balance.

The acrolinks makes up possibly from the darker Shunyata i hear, just like the Shunyata complimented the Acrolinks when i added them in the the system.

Clock cables in that impart whatever characterics to the sound of the system, just as would any other cable and just as much care is required in the selection selection.

There is certainly no "one fit" solution or selection based on "Specs" alone.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
I have moved up from SIGMA V1 CLOCK50s to V2 and like both in my system very much.

I believe I will keep the V2s as I like many aspects of what they do though per justubes comments, the V1s are fantastic in their own right
and one could argue they are a "keeper" even compared to the V2s.

***This means I have 2 pristine condition SIGMA V1 CLOCK50s 2-meter cables I am looking to sell to a happy home.
Please PM me if interested; I have them posted on USAudiomart but will gladly talk to anyone on this forum.***

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Please read #168 and #179 on :
https://www.whatsbestforum.com/thre...hootout-op20-vs-op17.26610/page-9#post-621539

BTW at the end of the session we tried some tweaks on the OP21A and its performance improved further!
Those are Stillpoints Ultra5 footers underneath the OP21A.
View attachment 60623

I can't imagine how good it will further become if we give it better fuses & powercords!

IMHO other than the CH Precision T1, OP21A is the best audiophile 10M clock in the current market.
I use Stillpoint UltraSS with Ultra Bases below my OP21A and one HRS Damping plate on top and get fantastic results...

perfusionist

Nov 4, 2020
Do you have to buy the cyber shaft clocks from the factory in Japan directly or is there any other place? I looked at their website and there are many models. I am looking for a clock that can supply 4 outputs (Like the pic the OP posted in the beginning of the thread) and also their LPS. Which model of clock and LPS should I choose? Any recommendations is appreciated. Also whats the best way to have it shipped to the US?

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Hello...there are no dealers other than one dealer/distributor for Hong Kong and MLC as far as I know. Cybershaft in my experience runs lean and. mean, no dealers for the Americas, EU, ANZ, etc...to keep prices at vendor cost plus a small margin. There are a couple customers such as myself out of affinity to the brand/the hobby, who can help you via external email with answers to questions, connecting with Hasegawa-san via email to arrange the order, talk about audio, the effects of a great master clock, etc... Send me a message here if interested.

From your description, your needs would be met by the following;

Model number: UPOCXO-OP21A-D External DC dedicated selling price ¥ 715,000
(or OP20 or other level of precision/price,...OP21A is highly recommended as a "once and done" move0

and either

Model: LTPW01 (without cast panel) Price ¥ 38,500
or
Model: LTPW01P (with cast panel) Price ¥ 39,600

What type of devices will you be using and do they support 10 Mhz input on either 50-ohm or 75-ohm?

Reactions: perfusionist

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing