D'Agostino Momentum preamplifier

Aug 2, 2014
Norway
Congratulations Espen! I have the same preamp and amp combination. It is a terrific setup.
Is extremely pleased with Dan D Agostino's amplifiers.
Here we have made a good choice MJB :)

Espen L

May 30, 2010
Portugal
Is extremely pleased with Dan D Agostino's amplifiers.
Here we have made a good choice MJB :)

Espen L
Not a good choice - an excellent choice! I can't imagine how a Burmester 069 sounds in a Momentum, but you have some of the best in each class.

Apr 21, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Nice system indeed!

HighEnd

Dec 17, 2018
Hi all,

I just got my D'Agostino progression stereo amp and preamp. However I see that the Preamp does not have the optional DAC however it was explicitly required in the purchase.

The dealer will check it out but my question will it be possible that I will receive the DAC and I install it myself or will it be mandatory to reship the preamp (my less favorable option) ?

Thanks

MJB

Mar 10, 2013
Very unusual for D’Agostino to miss installing the DAC. I hope your dealer specifically specified the DAC was to be included. Not sure if the DAC can be installed by the dealer or owner.

Lastly, Dan, Petra and Bill will ensure you are satisfied.

Aug 28, 2018
Seattle, WA
Hi all,

I just got my D'Agostino progression stereo amp and preamp. However I see that the Preamp does not have the optional DAC however it was explicitly required in the purchase.

The dealer will check it out but my question will it be possible that I will receive the DAC and I install it myself or will it be mandatory to reship the preamp (my less favorable option) ?

Thanks
Start packing, sorry.

Aug 28, 2018
Seattle, WA
Will it be the dealer that will do the upgrade? Or the dealer will have to ship it back to manufacturer?
Unless something recently changed, the Momentum PreAmp is just that, a PreAmp.

If you wanted a DAC, there is the Momentum Lifestyle where DD cut out an opening for the digital screen so you can see information related to playback, this screen replaces the tone controls on the Momentum.

The amplifier is also built into this, so it’s one piece component; DAC, PreAmp, Amp, two if your counting the power supply.

Visit DD web-site to double check me.

HighEnd

Dec 17, 2018
Unless something recently changed, the Momentum PreAmp is just that, a PreAmp.

If you wanted a DAC, there is the Momentum Lifestyle where DD cut out an opening for the digital screen so you can see information related to playback, this screen replaces the tone controls on the Momentum.

The amplifier is also built into this, so it’s one piece component; DAC, PreAmp, Amp, two if your counting the power supply.

Visit DD web-site to double check me.
The Progression Preamp new model does have the optional DAC where there are the digital input at the back of the preamp and also the "Roon ready" possibility.

Aug 28, 2018
Seattle, WA
The Progression Preamp new model does have the optional DAC where there are the digital input at the back of the preamp and also the "Roon ready" possibility.
I am sorry, somehow I read Momentum, and now it clicked your talking Progression, apples and oranges.

I am not familiar with Progression, but I recall a cover on the back for the DAC and perhaps it is a plug and play module.

Keep us updated, good luck!

Aug 28, 2018
Seattle, WA
Just pulled this from the site, not 100% sure if that means the dealer can install or arrange to send the unit back:

If your unit is not yet equipped with the DAC module, please see an authorized D’Agostino Master Audio Systems dealer to have the module professionally installed.

Apr 21, 2010
Dallas,Texas
I would hope that your dealer would be knowledgeable of all of this information since it is sold there? After reading your post it seems your dealer screwed up? It's an authorized dealer? I had excellent support from my dealer and the factory when I needed assistance. I would be calling every day to resolve the issue. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease"! Good luck solving your issue.

Number9

Oct 15, 2018
D'agastino is second to none when it comes to service related issues. You have zero to worry about. Your dealer should offer you a nice stocking stuffer though for your trouble.

May 30, 2010
Portugal
Does anyone know what revisions were carried in the Momentum monoblock's and in the preamplfier since launch (and at what time, if possible)?

Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Does anyone know what revisions were carried in the Momentum monoblock's and in the preamplfier since launch (and at what time, if possible)?
I do not remember any specific changes mentioned for the Momentum Pre-amp. The few changes I recall for the Momentum amps were 1) some minor cosmetic changes when they changes suppliers for the cases when they relocated from Connecticut to Arizona 2) increased the size of the venturi holes in the copper to enhance cooling 3) several parts changes when going from the Momentum to M-400 version.

Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Instead of updating my Momentum pre-amp I decided to get a new HD model. The unit arrived yesterday and I installed it this morning. I am letting some music play in the background while I get ready to head to a game this evening. I will post my thoughts in a day or two.

Aug 2, 2014
Norway
Excited to hear how you experience the sound difference between the two.

Espen L

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing