D'Agostino Momentum preamplifier

MJB

Mar 10, 2013
Very nice system EiL! We share the same Pre and Power components. I did upgrade the Momentum to HD earlier this year. If your haven’t done so, I highly recommend it.

Espen inge Larsen

Aug 2, 2014
Norway
Very nice system EiL! We share the same Pre and Power components. I did upgrade the Momentum to HD earlier this year. If your haven’t done so, I highly recommend it.
Thank you very much MBJ :)
Can you tell what you experience with the sound when upgrading to HD :)

Espen L

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats Espen! Serious move there...enjoy!

May 30, 2010
Portugal
February 2020 edition of Stereophile has a glowing review of the Momentum HD Pre.
Yes, glowing is the exact word, as the Momentum HD also sounds glowing - the performers shine illuminated a soft warm light, with none of the typical artifacts of many SS preamplifiers. Listening to some old opera CDs (not in my system) going through it I found that CD voices can sound as fleshed and liquid as the best LPs of the 60's through tubes. It was a real surprise.

Although some people will consider that the Momentum HD was just a small incremental evolution over the old model, IMHO subjectively it was a gargantuan jump. I found curious that Jason Serinus also highlighted these aspects I had reported in WBF a few months ago.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing