Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Latest pair of Rhapsody Alsyvox set up TODAY and now begins the break in process. This is one of three pairs of Botticellis that Rhapsody sold in January. The next pair will be shipping in two weeks, the 3rd pair are being built for a March delivery.

image-1.jpg

Attachments

• BillKimage.jpg
    BillKimage.jpg
    1,011.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
Latest pair of Rhapsody Alsyvox set up TODAY and now begins the break in process. This is one of three pairs of Botticellis that Rhapsody sold in January. The next pair will be shipping in two weeks, the 3rd pair are being built for a March delivery.

View attachment 74439
What amps are in this installation......?.......Ah....now I see....some Ayre’s tucked in the corner........

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Interesting that in these two photos, the Caravaggio has the woofer panels innermost, but in the Botticelli, they're outermost.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Interesting that in these two photos, the Caravaggio has the woofer panels innermost, but in the Botticelli, they're outermost.

Here is a nice article explains the differences about the Caravaggio and the Michelangelo vs the Tintoretto and Botticelli:

It explains the the Caravaggio and Michelangelo are four way designs vs the Tintoretto and Botticelli which are three way deigns. The four way design changes the radiation patterns of the speakers.

Most of the Caravaggioa and all of the Michelangello installations are either 4 or 6 panel designs although even a single panel Caravaggio still sets up with the tweeters on the outside because of the 4 way design and it's radiation pattern.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Bob, very few of us are gonna have listening rooms in excess of 25' wide, especially if one's system fires down the long wall.
This suggests to me that the 4-ribbon Caravaggio is the ultimate practical manifestation, whereas the need to go to 4 spkrs, or 6, has gotta be reserved for ballroom-sized listening spaces, which so few of us will ever own.

I'm a big big fan of the Ypsilon range, the first brand I heard in a really musical setup and excellent sounding room that showed me the potential of stellar hifi, back in early 2000s. That system ran the hybrid SET100 monos putting out 110W/ch.

Would the Caravaggio and Botticellis in a 1000 sq ft/7000 cub ft room be good on those SETs, or would the Caravaggio also need bi-amping the bass ribbons with maybe the Hyperion hybrid amp?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Bob, very few of us are gonna have listening rooms in excess of 25' wide, especially if one's system fires down the long wall.
This suggests to me that the 4-ribbon Caravaggio is the ultimate practical manifestation, whereas the need to go to 4 spkrs, or 6, has gotta be reserved for ballroom-sized listening spaces, which so few of us will ever own.

I'm a big big fan of the Ypsilon range, the first brand I heard in a really musical setup and excellent sounding room that showed me the potential of stellar hifi, back in early 2000s. That system ran the hybrid SET100 monos putting out 110W/ch.

Would the Caravaggio and Botticellis in a 1000 sq ft/7000 cub ft room be good on those SETs, or would the Caravaggio also need bi-amping the bass ribbons with maybe the Hyperion hybrid amp?
Hi Marc,

I will ask Emile to jump in if he sees this, as he has the four panel Caravaggio.

I would suggest that 110W/ch SET monos would drive either the Caravaggio or Botticelli single panels with no issue in a 1000 sq. ft room. I say this as my room is getting close to the 1000sq ft size and I have no issue driving the Botticelli with 50 Watt SETs to full pressurization of the room. The Caravaggio is 95db efficient and does not dip below something close to 3.9 ohms. The Botticellis are 94db same impedance numbers.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well Bob, the full Ypsilon rig w those SET100 monos, from two decades ago, left a lasting impression. £Squillions win on the National Lottery, and Alsyvox on a full Ypsilon rig would be on a very short shortlist of systems I'd love to hear.

Reactions: Rhapsody

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
It doesn't matter much which model you use, they're all pretty flat in impedance except the 6 panel Michelangelo which I do think drops to 2 Ohms below 70Hz. Although Daniele drives them with SE 300B's I personally prefer to have a little more power on tap, but that is more a general preference, I've measured the current running through the speaker cables when playing really loud and never saw it go over 100mA. Also my Heisenberg power amps always draw 50 watts each from the power grid, and that may go up to 55 watts when I play really loud. So indeed that 300B SE might simply be enough.

Reactions: Rhapsody

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Emile, didn't I once read that Mike's big Dartz monos have a display showing almost no occasions where they drew more than 50W, even on big peaks, often way less than this.
For the record, what is € RRP for the 2 panel Caravaggios in Europe?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Thanks for letting me know about that last €25 lol.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Euro 58677.5 excluding local sales TAX. Yes 93dB / 4 Ohm.
Thanks but still ouch-ish.
60k before tax :oops:
I guess the 4 Ohms are rather flat like with Apogees?

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Robert Harley/TAS on Alsyvox :

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing