DAP and alternatives

xrossover

Feb 20, 2020
Hi,
Getting back to HiFi after 15 yrs and looking around on the web things are like WOW ! It can do that...?
So after browsing untold amounts of stuff, I cant figure this out yet.
Should I use a DAP and plug it into the AV unit or use a DAC like the eg: cambridge

what other ways can music be played as a WAV file, (from a HDD or SD card or USB)

I'm not wanting to use the PC even though it has a nice Soundblaster Audio card and has decent sound output to Fostex powered monitors

planning on connecting yamaha ns1000x speakers to tube amps or Marantz 7400 SS amp for now but will upgrade to better amps later

Projectman

Mar 18, 2017
Sarasota, FL
www.projectsteps.com
Lumin and Aurender are the two you should look at. Aurender N100, X100L, N10 or ACS10 are very nice. Lumin D2, T2, or Lumin Mini. Some of the Lumin’s have built in DACs. None of the Aurenders do and they won’t work with Roon.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing