Dave Wilson R.I.P. - A Legend Passes

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
Dave Wilson

A very sad day indeed. The audio community and the world as a whole has lost a legend and a great man. We mourn his loss

Steve,

Thank you for the unfortunate update regarding Dave Wilson's passing. While I never owned a pair of Wilson Speakers, I have followed them closely since I first met Dave at his first CES at the Jockey Club where he first demonstrated the WAMM. It was clear that he was a fine human who took an unusual amount of time explaining to me his recording techniques and how the WAMM played a role. I have spoken to him a number of times at shows and marveled at how his integrity was not impacted by his fame and success.

My heart goes out to his family and all that were part of his life.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Today we have truly lost one of the greats. My hat goes off to him.

Tom

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
The world has lost a true gentleman. RIP Dave.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wow...a legendary speaker designer whose many great works will continue to play music as a testament to his tireless commitment to music and the absolute pinnacle of audio reproduction. Darryl now bears the torch of audio greatness.

Prayers to the Wilsons.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
R.I.P. Dave Wilson. sad.

a true class act and will be missed. set the bar high for the rest of us.

I owned 3 sets of Wilson Speakers back in the 90's, and met Dave a few times.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I have owned a Wilson speaker beginning in 1994 until today with the Watt Puppy 5.1 working my way up to my present X2 Series ll. The number of times I had occasion to deal with any and all members of the Wilson team was endless over the years. I had the good fortune of being invited to Provo to hear a demo in Dave’s listening room in his home between the X1 series lll and the X2. I was also given a tour of the Wilson factory. I met Dave several times over all these years. He always remained a gracious and kind gentleman who always had time to discuss audio. I have met the family and nicer people just don’t exist. His team is second to none and it speaks volumes that the people I met years ago still work for WA.

I express my sincerest of condolensces to the Wilson family and everyone who knew him. We all were made to feel as if we were family.

We all mourn his loss and know that his legacy in Wilson Audio lives on

RIP

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
R.I.P. Dave Wilson.

For me the crazy days started with an Wilson System V.

Narayan

Oct 6, 2015
My thoughts and prayers are with the Wilson family. We´ve lost a titan of the industry and what saddens me more, a person who by all accounts made the world a much better place. R.I.P. Dave.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
R.I.P David Wilson..prayers to his Family. Your legacy lives on.

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Indeed a very sad day. I feel like we all just lost a piece of our hobby. Best to his family. RIP Dave and thanks.

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
A passing of a Legend in the industry.

RIP Dave Wilson.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
R.I.P. David Wilson.

I've had the privilege and honor to meet the man just recently, and he made a very memorable impression as not only a gentleman, but also a keen enthusiast of the hobby/business.

He indeed will be missed, but also having met his immediate family, as well as some of the Wilson Audio family, I'm sure his legacy will continue to be honored and celebrated.

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Very sad to hear of Dave Wilson’s passing. I owned Wilson speakers for many years and had the pleasure of meeting Dave once. My condolences to the entire Wilson family and to the members of the Wilson audio team who have lost a legendery industry figure. R.I.P. David Wilson. You will be truly missed.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Steve, is there a way to send condolences? I know you are close to him and the family.

Please advise and thanks.

Tom

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Truly one of the good guys and pioneers in this crazy hobby of ours. He gave me lots of enjoyment! How many people can you say that about in this crazy world.

My condolences but also my gratitude.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing