David Laboga digital cables?

keithc

Dec 31, 2022
In a search for digital RCA or BNC cables, I am coming across smaller brands that are very well-regarded regionally, but less known on the international scene. For example, Wave High Fidelity, Jorma, and then David Laboga. Sadly here in North America I have not heard much about DL and wonder what we're missing out on!

Several folks here have compared their USB cables (Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby) to FTA, Shunyata, etc. but there is very little online about their coaxial RCA/BNC cables. They range from the most affordable CO-430 (360Euro @ 1m) to their new reference COR-1390 (2650Euro @ 1m), with models such as the COR-1240 and COR-920 in between.

David has been very friendly and quick to respond when contacted, and I would love to support him as a fellow small business owner. DL is well regarded in the pro/guitar community, but new to the hi-end audio scene.

Would appreciate anyone's perspective or experience w/ his SPDIF cables!

TIA.

Reactions: Willgolf

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
In a search for digital RCA or BNC cables, I am coming across smaller brands that are very well-regarded regionally, but less known on the international scene. For example, Wave High Fidelity, Jorma, and then David Laboga. Sadly here in North America I have not heard much about DL and wonder what we're missing out on!

Several folks here have compared their USB cables (Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby) to FTA, Shunyata, etc. but there is very little online about their coaxial RCA/BNC cables. They range from the most affordable CO-430 (360Euro @ 1m) to their new reference COR-1390 (2650Euro @ 1m), with models such as the COR-1240 and COR-920 in between.

David has been very friendly and quick to respond when contacted, and I would love to support him as a fellow small business owner. DL is well regarded in the pro/guitar community, but new to the hi-end audio scene.

Would appreciate anyone's perspective or experience w/ his SPDIF cables!

TIA.
Not my personal experience, but since I'm on different forums... Generally I hear good things about DL cables. Maybe you can strike a bargain for a forums review? Just a thought.

keithc

Dec 31, 2022
Not my personal experience, but since I'm on different forums... Generally I hear good things about DL cables. Maybe you can strike a bargain for a forums review? Just a thought.

Thanks for the response. Are there forums that have discussed DL SPDIF cables? They are well known in the guitar world but only started hi-end home audio cables a few years ago, and their USB seem well regarded (although very little comparisons with others). I haven't seen really anything on SPDIF cables.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Thanks for the response. Are there forums that have discussed DL SPDIF cables? They are well known in the guitar world but only started hi-end home audio cables a few years ago, and their USB seem well regarded (although very little comparisons with others). I haven't seen really anything on SPDIF cables.
I'll see if I can find them, as Google search didn't show anything. It's been some time. I'll try my best to find those posts.

I like the idea of trying smaller independent brands. I think DL is exhibiting in Munich now, so they might get some traction.

mooncrikit

May 19, 2017
Just recently, as of this past Monday, I snagged a D.L. Expression Emerald 1.5m USB and so far am very impressed! Extremely well balanced with sweet musicality from top to bottom, loads of detail and very analog sounding in its presentation. Instruments now appear in a more spacious, three dimensional realm. Very huge, deep soundstage that expanded as well in all directions. Still burning in...system seems louder at the same volume control setting. Also, the attack & decay speed of the music has increased noticably. The D.L. is currently displacing a Curious Yellow, a VeraStarr Nemesis, a Phasure Lush 2 and a Locus Axis all of which are on my USB cable merry-go-round...

Last edited:
Reactions: keithc

keithc

Dec 31, 2022
2FF37488-1ED6-4A88-943F-33AD07C3014B.jpeg
Well let’s see how this sounds…

StefanT

Mar 28, 2014
It will be interesting to hear your impressions on the cable.

Is this the top coaxial model from David Laboga?

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I own the base SPDIF and have tried the middle. Both v good at their price points. Will be interested to hear what you think?

geetee1972

Feb 12, 2021
Was there any update on this? I have compared quite a few SPDIF cables and my favourite so far is the Z-Axis Reference, which beat all comers including a High Fidelity CT1-Ultimate that originally cost three times the price of the Z-Axis.

Others I've tried inlude the DLs (lower and mid), Wave High Fidelity (interesting design that is also using magnets the same as High Fidelity), and a few others whose name escapes me.

keithc

Dec 31, 2022
Was there any update on this? I have compared quite a few SPDIF cables and my favourite so far is the Z-Axis Reference, which beat all comers including a High Fidelity CT1-Ultimate that originally cost three times the price of the Z-Axis.

Others I've tried inlude the DLs (lower and mid), Wave High Fidelity (interesting design that is also using magnets the same as High Fidelity), and a few others whose name escapes me.
In my system, the DL Spdif I tried above was less refined, detailed or had as good timbre as a Shunyata Spdif.
I have never tried their usb.

Reactions: geetee1972

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing