dBPoweramp rip vs iTunes AppleLosses - sound quality difference?

jackson_k

VIP/Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Los Angeles
Guys
Does anyone here think that there is any audible difference between dBpoweramp rip vs the iTune cd rip?
Or whats the best way to get the CD ripped to the iTune ? I still prefer iTune since I like to carry my music with my on the road.

I know it sound crazy , but I remember using a TASCAM studio cd duplicator to make cd backup and the backup sounded horrible
to the point that its almost like CD vs. MP3 !! I know , it sounds crazy but the sound was dull and lifeless vs its original Master CD.

Not sure why ! but can someone point me to the right direction thank you !

Last edited:

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Use dBPowerAmp, much better ripper than iTunes. If you still want to have your music accessible in iTunes, rip in AIFF format (w/ dBPoweramp), then import them into iTunes.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Use dBPowerAmp, much better ripper than iTunes. If you still want to have your music accessible in iTunes, rip in AIFF format (w/ dBPoweramp), then import them into iTunes.
+1

jackson_k

VIP/Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Los Angeles
What about Apple Losses vs AIFF , is there a difference in audio quality ? or just the way they pack the data?

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
What about Apple Losses vs AIFF , is there a difference in audio quality ? or just the way they pack the data?

Wav and AIFF are better than any of the so-called lossless compressed format.
Mathematically/theorectically they are lossless but the streamer or dac has to do an additional step of decompression before decoding and this adversely affects sonic performance.

Some audiophiles insisted that wav is slightly better than AIFF, though I myself can't differentiate the two.

Reactions: jackson_k

jackson_k

VIP/Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Los Angeles
Alright ! lets do a test shall we ! I am posting a link here, with an AIFF vs Apple Losses -

ESOTERIC CD - LIKE SOMEONE IN LOVE.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qx1dE6ZzVHopfEDi4b_3jOCSIJdRv6OK

(This is for TESTING Purpose ONLY ** Please delete the file after use and comparison )

I am ripping it with one with dBpower , and one with iTunes.

Ripping via DELA https://www.dela-audio.com/product/d100-d10/ on a Mac Pro. with HRS damping plate.
USB- Audioquest Diamond USB cable.

Lets see if we can all agree to see which one is better : )

If there are particular track you guys would like to test out , let me know ! so we can test it out.

R0012097.jpeg R0012099.jpeg

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing