DC D.I.Y cable to be made with Duelund cable

cpasmoi

May 14, 2021
Good evening

I would like to change a DC cable that is too short to connect a linear power supply to an audio server

the existing cable is one meter long, it was bought on GHentaudio

it is DC-GAC4 Gotham GAC-4/111301 UltraPro DC(JSSG360)
GX16-4(1/2+, 3/4-) female to DC(7.4/5.0) male

I need your expertise because the cable must be 1.70 M and I need the quantity and references to make it

the linear power supply is 19 Volts for 6 A

this cable must be shielded to avoid the antenna effect

I would like to know which references of dueleund I should take and the quantity?
thank you for your answer

cpasmoi
Upvote

Jun 7, 2022
Hello,

You need to be aware that the Duelund cables may stink and a lot. Not all the the spools seem to have that problem.

I know that the cotton sleeving was treated with oil. But the cables I received smell really bad. They smell like the inside of a vegetable oil bottle (with very little oil left in it) that was forgotten for a very long time in the pantry.

Just by manipulating them my fingers smell like rancid oil. I put them various days outside with a ventilator blasting directly at them. It had no effect on the smell. In my case the cables I received are simply unusable. I don't want my listening room to smell like rancid oil.

I contacted the seller about this. He answered that yes, from times to times, they receive complains about the smell. Well, that was very unhelpful.

I also contacted Duelund about this. But no answer yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: bazelio

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Why not purchase the right length from Ghent. They are good for the money.

cpasmoi

May 14, 2021
hello

the decision has been made I took VH audio 18 AWG
no regrets, terrible quality, much better than duelund and better in terms of listening than Neotech

I recommend
cpasmoi

Reactions: L3RD

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing