dCS Rossini incoming!

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Pretty excited to announce that I am upgrading my DAC to a Rossini V2, to be followed soon by the clock, then a SACD transport in 2022. I did a lot of research on DACs in terms of sound, technology, and company stability before this purchase. This has always been a bit of a dream DAC for me but the quality of the DAC at the last Munich show left a big impression on me. When I was a reviewer I also got to review the Bartok for a few months and loved the build quality and overall sound.

I am a bit excited about this one. Combined with the new Audio Research gear, it's been an early Christmas for me.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Pretty excited to announce that I am upgrading my DAC to a Rossini V2, to be followed soon by the clock, then a SACD transport in 2022. I did a lot of research on DACs in terms of sound, technology, and company stability before this purchase. This has always been a bit of a dream DAC for me but the quality of the DAC at the last Munich show left a big impression on me. When I was a reviewer I also got to review the Bartok for a few months and loved the build quality and overall sound.

I am a bit excited about this one. Combined with the new Audio Research gear, it's been an early Christmas for me.
Congratulations on it.should sound stunning.

Reactions: Lee

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
You'll love the dCS set up ! The clock is a pretty big deal. I would upgrade the clock cables from stock. Something like Cardas Clear isn't a lot of money (considering the dCS) and it's a pretty great bang for buck. Lot's of options here...

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013

A big congrats. Please share your impressions when you get a chance. Many thanks

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Congratulations! But you should get the clock as soon as possible ... ;)

Reactions: BillK and Lee

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Lee, I am confused… I have a Rossini with latest firmware, is there a v2 of the hardware I’m unaware of? I don’t see anything on the dCS website.

And… congrats on the rig. The ARC kit, particularly the Ref6 and 160s, along with the Alexia v2 will provide a great many hours of sonic bliss. A very musical pairing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Argonaut

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Lee, I am confused… I have a Rossini with latest firmware, is there a v2 of the hardware I’m unaware of? I don’t see anything on the dCS website.

And… congrats on the rig. The ARC kit, particularly the Ref6 and 160s, along with the Alexia v2 will provide a great many hours of sonic bliss. A very musical pairing.

As far as I know the DCS Rossini v2 was a firmware upgrade - if you have the latest software you have it!

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Congratulations! But you should get the clock as soon as possible ... ;)

Already planning for December on the clock. DAC delivery targeted for November 1.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

Thank you. It really sounds amazing already, especially analog.

V2 just means the software update. Sorry for any confusion.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

Jpspock

Dec 26, 2018
Congrats Lee for the Rossini. I love mine, and if you have the possibility, go for thé vivaldi clock, amazing…

aubreyBobb

Apr 22, 2021
Afterdark in Hong Kong have just started doing word clocks (specifically for dCS gear) which include a power supply designed for the clock. These also have 3-5 10M outputs for added flexibility. Around 3K, depending on the model. I am using the word clock outputs to my Network Bridge, with the 10M outputs to 3 cascaded switches. Quite a substantial improvement from out of the box.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Decided to do the Rossini clock on December now. SACD transport on deck for 2022.

Reactions: CKKeung

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Afterdark in Hong Kong have just started doing word clocks (specifically for dCS gear) which include a power supply designed for the clock. These also have 3-5 10M outputs for added flexibility. Around 3K, depending on the model. I am using the word clock outputs to my Network Bridge, with the 10M outputs to 3 cascaded switches. Quite a substantial improvement from out of the box.
Thanks for the heads up. It's great to know there are other options, but I think I will stay with dCS for the looks and build quality.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Decided to do the Rossini clock on December now. SACD transport on deck for 2022.
Lee, staying with dCS for the transport?

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reactions: CKKeung

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Yes. I have 2,000 or so SACDs so I need the newer SACD transport.
Anyone owning more than 2000 SACD's deserves a DCS Vivaldi One or stack. The Esoteric SACDs, for example, sound fabulous on it.

Unfortunately most SACD's become collectable and are now very expensive.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Anyone owning more than 2000 SACD's deserves a DCS Vivaldi One or stack. The Esoteric SACDs, for example, sound fabulous on it.

Unfortunately most SACD's become collectable and are now very expensive
That is $20k more. Will you be making a donation? ;)

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hi Lee,
A very nice plan. Congrats!
I also think that getting a Rossini Clock is a good choice.

However if you can increase your budget somewhat, the Vivaldi Clock can give your Rossini DAC/Transport bigger improvement.
It also got a bnc reference clock input so you can further improve its performance by giving it a more accurate external 10M clock such as a Cybershaft.
;)

Reactions: Jpspock and Lee

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Hi Lee,
A very nice plan. Congrats!
I also think that getting a Rossini Clock is a good choice.

However if you can increase your budget somewhat, the Vivaldi Clock can give your Rossini DAC/Transport bigger improvement.
It also got a bnc reference clock input so you can further improve its performance by giving it a more accurate external 10M clock such as a Cybershaft.
;)

It's twice as much but I appreciate the recommendation. I will consider it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing