DCS "The Next Generation" announcement February 7, 2023.

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
DCS is teasing a "The Next Generation" announcement February 7.

Their home page states "The Next Generation" with a countdown clock.

My personal best guess is Vivaldi will be replaced with a new flagship and Vivaldi discontinued.

XCop5089

Sep 5, 2015
Winchester, UK
I guess we will find out on the day of the announcement!

Reactions: BillK

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Very interesting. Sure does sound like a big refresh or a new product line...personally I am thrilled with my dCS Vivaldi stack. But of course I said that years ago on my Pucinni, then Scarlatti... Then Vivaldi 1, Viv 2, now Viv Apex...

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
These guys and several others have to be thinking hard about regaining Top Gun status from Wadax.

Reactions: lordcloud

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
I would guess that it's a new flagship above the Vivaldi, born out of their findings with creating the Apex upgrades.

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
These guys and several others have to be thinking hard about regaining Top Gun status from Wadax.
That was my first thought

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Curious, as far as I know Top Gun in WBF is Lampizator Horizon and Taiko Extreme. :)

Reactions: bonzo75

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reactions: ashandger

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
It is for sure in part Bartok APEX. Hopefully that, and more tech, that will trickle down in the next few years, especially to the models that inhabit the below-flagship area of a manufacturers lineup.

From an outsiders perspective, brands like dCS & MSB need to catch up to the Wadax's and Lampizators of the world. MLs Select II was unseated by the mighty Wadax and you know, at least for Mike, that it had to be much much better than the Select II being there is such a large delta in pricing. Hopefully it'll be a great year in digital, and not just for DACs, but for switches, cabling, and all things in the chain.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Well if there is a new composer, then perhaps it's the John Cage model. It will play 4'33" of silence or play a scrambled version of the data. o_O
I heard it will have both overdub and lip-sync buttons and be the Apex of Milli Vanilli :eek:

Last edited:

Sa683s

Jun 26, 2017
Guess more likely a new flagship. Hope will be an Vivaldi Upsampler upgrade tho.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Guess more likely a new flagship. Hope will be an Vivaldi Upsampler upgrade tho.
Out of curiosity what would you like upgraded in the Upsampler? I like the way Mosaic sounds, but I'd prefer something MacOS to and closer to Roon in UI, I also get constant "connecting to upsamples" messages that take 10 seconds to sort out

Reactions: Sa683s

Sa683s

Jun 26, 2017
Out of curiosity what would you like upgraded in the Upsampler? I like the way Mosaic sounds, but I'd prefer something MacOS to and closer to Roon in UI, I also get constant "connecting to upsamples" messages that take 10 seconds to sort out
improvement like Vivaldi to apex, further improvement to sound quality. For UI sure like ROON is best, but I hv no issue on Mosaic so far.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Seems like a lot of hype if this is all the announcement is...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing