Ddk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
To just say, shut up now, maybe won't have the result you guys running WBF want.

Marc,

Please know that Tom was writing only in his capacity as a regular member. Tom is not involved in “running WBF.” Tom is not an administrator or a moderator.

Reactions: Lagonda

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Just to lighten the tone a little, the version I know of this phrase is "Your bat, your ball, your game" :)
True. But try playing a baseball game by yourself. Or even one where none of the good players want to be on your team. Or for that matter sell tickets.

Reactions: Chop

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Marc,

Please know that Tom was writing only in his capacity as a regular member. Tom is not involved in “running WBF.” Tom is not an administrator or a moderator.
Smart staffing decision !:)

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
  • Haha
Reactions: rando

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
People come and go, dip in and out and take what they want/need from the forum...it's a place for discussion on audio...not a family.

David got his feelings hurt, took his toys and went home. So what? I see over and over that we are losing so much of his expertise. Did we? Most of his contributions are still here to be read by all...most of what he says in various threads is just that same ethos over and over.

He actually didn't have a lot more new to add and was becoming more and more snarky to those who didn't follow his exact path to audio Nirvana. As a result, David also bruised a lot of people on this forum and sneered at many of their choices. One should be respectful if they want respect. David might have been right about a lot of things, and in fact I agree with most of his ideas on audio, but he was disrespectful to those who didn't share that vision of audio.

I know you had a transformative experience after visiting David's and I am happy for you to find what you were looking for but give it a rest! He was not a god or even a guru...just a man with good a good audio sense and more than a bit of salesmanship. In the end, he was still monetizing his expertise.

Will you go next? Would be a pity but looks like Tango followed his guru out the door.

The one I really miss from this forum is Audiophile Bill, who was very knowledgeable, especially DIY, and was also very respectful to everyone and displayed his knowledge without arrogance.

I personally think the limits of free speech are pretty wide on this forum as long as you avoid personal attacks beyond a certain limit and avoid politics and religion...not so hard to do...even for me.
You nailed it Brad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing