Dear Mom I miss you!

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
So very sorry to hear of this Thomas, loss of a loved one is so hard. Life, we come in, we go, this is the important stuff. Take care.

Best wishes for you and your family
Graham

Reactions: thomask

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Tinka and I are very sorry to learn of the loss of your mother.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Sorry to hear. Good to know she got news of her great grandson before

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Sorry for your loss Thomas...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Thomas, my parents passed away 7 and 10 years ago. Still think about them most days.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Sorry to hear

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Sounds corny but 87 is good. My mom was 89. I was more confident just knowing she was praying for me.
Not much I can say. I am sure she would want you to enjoy your life.

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I lost my Dad a little over a year ago and was devastated. It was gratitude that put grief at bay over time. My deepest sympathies Thomas.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I can say this. The memory of your mom will eventually make you happy rather than sad.
The grandkids in my family held a birthday party every year for my nom. It was basically a family reunion of all the kids she had taken care for. Some not even related. They held it again the year after she died. They had gathered some of her best pictures. They then had them enlarged and put in nice frames. They also put together a slide show that ran throughout the party. It was almost as if she was. there.
At the end the pictures were auctioned off. The money was used for her memory.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm not quite there yet Greg. What did help me was the realization that I didn't ever want to stop missing my Dad. That was the moment music sounded like music again.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Jack it has been seven yeats in April. My siblings and I are the elders now. Luckily I had settled all debts (emotional) and spent time with her.
Your success is his legacy.

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
Thanks a lot for your kind words Gentleman.

I am going to stay until the end of this month in Korea while recovering from the loss of my mom.

The life has to move on.

I will get more grandchildren in the future.

But It is not going to be possible to speak to my mom again.

My father and mother will be in the same place in Korean National Veteran Memorial Park.

I hope that they rest in peace.

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
Condolences to you and yours.. I lost my mom when I was ten years old.. You were lucky to have her so long..
Congratulations on the birth of your Grandson ! I have 2 Grandboys and they’re awesome..

View attachment 61503

I had my first grandson born about 10 days ago.

But also I lost my dear mother(1932-2020) 4 days ago and finished her funeral yesterday in Korea.

Both my parents had lived until 87 years and 11 months old.

I hope that they will keep happy together in another world.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing