Degritter ultrasonic record cleaner

Hi y’all, just a few words on what I think is a worthy alternative to the Audio Desk Systeme and KLAudio ultrasonic cleaners.

http://degritter.com/media-kit/

I’ve been a beta tester on the Degritter for the last few weeks, and am happy to offer my opinions and answer any qs for those interested.

I believe official launch is in early May, and at this stage after a couple of quibbles in day to day use, I’m planning to keep my unit, it’s been a pretty good success, and invaluable addition to day to day life as a vinyl addict.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Marc,

Nothing unique about having a replaceable filter to pass the water through and hold the impurities. AudioDesk had that from the start.
Also, 100 LPs is a tiny sampling. I usually do that in a week or two with my AudioDesk...
Still, I've had my eye on this thing, and it sure is pretty :)

cheers,
alex

Barry, I obviously have the choice to return the unit and get my money back, or stick with Degritter and get a full production unit.

I can’t imagine being without ultrasonic cleaning now, and 100 lps in, things are working seamlessly.

So I’m sticking with the company.
Being at ground floor level with a new enterprise is a lot of fun.

One last thing, the communication I’ve had with chief designer Taniel Põld has been first rate, from my initial first meeting in London when he travelled here to demo the unit at a record shop, to my sporadic comms with him to sort trouble-free day to day operation.
This positive experience has enhanced the good vibes I have in multiple uses of the unit.

Thanks Marc
Yes I agree ultrasonic cleaning is the best and most user friendly option .
The Degritter looks an attractive proposition if they can deliver on reliability and durability which only time will tell.

Reactions: infinitely baffled
Guys, I got lucky finding this product at the right time.

We can’t leave all the beta testing to MikeL in his fantastic room.

I’ll be honest, I was struggling to find the funds for the KLA and was put off by repeated poor reliability reviews of the ADS.

I was about to go down the DIY route but the Degritter hits the sweet spot for me.

And their USP of gentler, more effective (if true) 120Hz, was a selling point to me.

Believe me I wouldn’t be promoting this unit had I found it disappointing.

Last edited:
Thanks for that post and link and I have just watched the videos
They look good value and the 12/24 capability is attractive.
Have you tried them?
The more expensive machines referred to seem more convenient to use but I suspect their cleaning abilities are all pretty similar so the key factors probably boil down to price, durability and convenience . There have been a number of reports of ADS unreliabilty in the past but it maybe they have now got on top of those problems.
If the Degritters prove to be reliable and durable they look at this stage to be a good buy and we will look forward to hearing more from Marc.

Hi Barry, I have not tried them, I just have their site bookmarked because I´m thinking of going back to vinyl at some point and from all the reading (and listening to vinyl rips) I´ve done, the general consensus is ultrasonic cleaning is the way to go. This is the same conclusion I reached when I was able to compare rips done with and without ultrasonic cleaning, no contest. The Cleanervinyl system is just a way of making things more accessible for those of us in the process of becoming more affluent :)

The Degritter is certainly a good looking machine and better value than the KL Audio or Audiodesk.

Thanks Narayan.
The Cleanervinyl system seem to be good value but lacks the convenience of more expensive models and I suspect it's worth paying extra for the convenience.

Barry, the EarlyBird rate is €1800, I believe.

If you want to catch the worm....

Degritter have made some additional changes as a result of the Beta testers’ experience in the field that I’ll list when I dig out Taniel’s email to me.

Obviously one can not accurately predict l/t reliability purely on beta testers, one would have to wait and see.

But I’m certainly going to stick down this path.

I have the KL AUDIO

I agree it’s expensive but excellent

I agree something cheaper would be great
I have a second DIY ultasonic cleaner which is very good and does 8 records at a time but doesn’t dry
I use the KL for the drying
Means I can do 10 records in the time of 4

I think any addition to US cleaning is helpful if cheaper and reliable

But you need to do a lot of records to know if it’s reliable
Just my 2 cents

Awsmone, I can’t disagree with you there.

Some people will hold off investing in the Degritter for this very reason.

The way I figure it, is that the beta testing period will unearth a lot of the most critical issues, and it’s up to us testers to at least to take the potential risk l/t, or bail.

I guess we’ll be the consumers that go on to report trouble-free usage, or some of the issues à la ADS.

FWIW, I’ll lose less on this transaction if it doesn’t turn out well than I did on my investing in my infamous Elrog 845 tubes which were stellar for just weeks at a time before failing me three times, €1500 went down the chute on those .

Yes Marc it’s all relative

I actually really hope that the US cleaner your testing is excellent and reliable

Having 6000 records I needed something good and up to the day to day workload

The KL Audio was the only thing around that fitted that at the time

I now have the diy which does a lot at the same time

For one at a time or after listening I now use the KL

For bulk cleaning of new purchases I use the diy, this suits my workload

Good luck with your evaluation I hope it is successful, I agree more cheaper US cleaners which are reliable will make the market more competetive

I don’t expect Marc everyone to be as insane as myself with a separate room for records and two us cleaners and a wet vacuum cleaner lol

But I do think seriously that capability and reliability are a must

What seems to be a killer for some us cleaners is back to back cleaning especially long cycles

The KL has always coped but I note it’s fan stays on after a good work out for sometime

Perhaps doing ten records in a row may be a good test?

Interesting product, I hope it will be priced competitively once it is released. For some reason, I keep on seeing my toaster every time I look at the photos, LOL.:D

Well Dave, there’s a saying in good ol’ Blighty (aka The U.K.), that when things are nice and comfortable, they’re “toasty”.

So I have no issues with the toaster thing.

Dave, now all I see is a toaster that cleans records lol

It’s quite sleek, and like that drying dial very cooool

But who can believe that video, the whisky glass doesn’t get drunk while the records drying...totally unrealistic lol

Right up there with those early promos of CDs where the discs were smeared with butter and jam, wiped down, and STILL played perfectly.

Or those LPs cleaned with wood glue.

What u don’t put jam on your cds Mark before putting them in the EERA?

You can then put them in the “toaster” lol

I would be very much interested in this! I was recently considering the Kuzma kit, but the price seems right to go for this one.

I was looking at audiodesk, then read all the negative reviews. Got interested in KL Audio but, its expensive and they have no dealers in my country so I would additionally pay a lot of taxes on top of the high price.

I got nearly 3000records and an Okki Nokki.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing