Degritter ultrasonic record cleaner

Hi y’all, just a few words on what I think is a worthy alternative to the Audio Desk Systeme and KLAudio ultrasonic cleaners.

http://degritter.com/media-kit/

I’ve been a beta tester on the Degritter for the last few weeks, and am happy to offer my opinions and answer any qs for those interested.

I believe official launch is in early May, and at this stage after a couple of quibbles in day to day use, I’m planning to keep my unit, it’s been a pretty good success, and invaluable addition to day to day life as a vinyl addict.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everybody from Italy, received a new degritter today, washed a record and is loosing water from the bottom, a lot of water, emptied the machine, dried it and recharged, washed another record, and pouring water again, and before you tell it, not from the filter, from the inside, I'm black..
Max

This happened once on my first machine... I read thru some threads on another forum and found that sometimes if the tank is not seated properly it will leak.
I removed the tank, paid close attention while installing the tank and never had another problem with leaking tank.

Last edited:
Found the correct pump today but it will take 4/5 weeks to get here it's a -

Aubig Water Pump - 12 V Mini High Quality DC40E-1250 12V Brushless Water Pump for Lawn Garden Aquarium Floor Cleaning Water Purification & Water...
Got them on Amazon if anyone else needs one £25.00.
I'll post the results of the repair when it's all done fingers crossed

Reactions: rich121
Good news got the Audio Desk up and running again took around 2 hours and £30.00 to fix, just a bit cheaper than Audio desk quoted at £750 plus shipping both ways plus vat. It's a great cleaner but any company that makes a £2500.00 machine that cannot be dismantled for repair is really taking the mick should be avoided. If any one needs any advice re repairs to Audio Desk just ask

I have just jumped on this and made an order out to X Audio of Singapore. I too have an Audiodesk that is nothing but a useless paperweight after the first year. While it worked I was happy I had the latest and greatest ultrasonic cleaner that did not need any user effort to clean both sides of an LP. All too short lived. I also bought a KL Audio RCM as alternative. This unit still works very well but alas, it's out of production. When the degritter came onto the market, I was already on the lookout for dealers near my country. Struck gold last week.

I have just jumped on this and made an order out to X Audio of Singapore. I too have an Audiodesk that is nothing but a useless paperweight after the first year. While it worked I was happy I had the latest and greatest ultrasonic cleaner that did not need any user effort to clean both sides of an LP. All too short lived. I also bought a KL Audio RCM as alternative. This unit still works very well but alas, it's out of production. When the degritter came onto the market, I was already on the lookout for dealers near my country. Struck gold last week.

Welcome aboard!

Nice. I have found mine to be completely indispensable.

New here. Just received my Degritter a month ago and it's been a revelation in terms of lowering the noise floor in my vinyl only system. Also, I think it improves the sound of every record, even new ones I only played once or twice vs my old Loricraft.

I think the most important accessory is the small happy face stickers I bought that I put on the sleeve of cleaned records!

For those of you that have a Degritter, do you also keep a VPI or similar RCM? I have a month old ClearAudio Smart Matrix Pro that works very well but I am hoping I will have no need for it after purchasing a Degritter (a mental way to justify the extra expense).

I did not keep my loricraft and I really wouldn’t be using it if I did. When I buy a horribly dirty record I just do a gentle prewash in the sink with distilled water.

Reactions: labjr1
For those of you that have a Degritter, do you also keep a VPI or similar RCM? I have a month old ClearAudio Smart Matrix Pro that works very well but I am hoping I will have no need for it after purchasing a Degritter (a mental way to justify the extra expense).
I continue to love and regularly use my Degritter. So much so that I’ve been going thru my collection and cleaning every LP I’m likely to listen to. So far I’ve cleaned and then listened to over 300 LPs. A single cleaning has been adequate for 87% of the LPs, which is FAR better than I ever achieved with my VPI 16.5. (Note: I do not want to hear surface noise when an LP is playing. If there is more than a tiny bit I do a manual cleaning followed by a 2nd Degritter cleaning. So what is “adequate” for me is REALLY clean.)

As you might surmise, I therefore have kept my VPI RCM but only use it on LPs I really enjoy that remain too noisy after Degritter cleaning. (My success rate on such LPs isn’t great, however.)

I continue to love and regularly use my Degritter. So much so that I’ve been going thru my collection and cleaning every LP I’m likely to listen to. So far I’ve cleaned and then listened to over 300 LPs. A single cleaning has been adequate for 87% of the LPs, which is FAR better than I ever achieved with my VPI 16.5. (Note: I do not want to hear surface noise when an LP is playing. If there is more than a tiny bit I do a manual cleaning followed by a 2nd Degritter cleaning. So what is “adequate” for me is REALLY clean.)

As you might surmise, I therefore have kept my VPI RCM but only use it on LPs I really enjoy that remain too noisy after Degritter cleaning. (My success rate on such LPs isn’t great, however.)

On average do you experience a lower noise floor on those albums cleaned with the Degritter vs. the VPI?. I keep seeing comments that most people who use Ultrasonic cleaning seem to this the vinyl noise is reduced significantly vs. vacuum based RCMs.

For me it's a huge difference vs my Loricraft. Even records that have scratches, which obviously the Degritter can't eliminate, are way better because the reduction in the noise floor makes the music more present which seems to push the scratch further away from the music.

On average do you experience a lower noise floor on those albums cleaned with the Degritter vs. the VPI?. I keep seeing comments that most people who use Ultrasonic cleaning seem to this the vinyl noise is reduced significantly vs. vacuum based RCMs.
Yes. Very noticeable. In my experience, the Degritter is way better at getting rid of surface noise compared to a VPI 16.5. There is even some improvement on brand new records, although that is much more subtle to my ears.

Reactions: labjr1 and asiufy
Thank you! That is what I was hoping for. I was going to splurge and get the ClearAudio Double Matrix Pro but everywhere I looked they were backordered. Then I started reading really good reviews on the Degritter and I cancelled my order for the ClearAudio. I will opt for the Degritter instead and save $3k that can buy more vinyl. :)

Albert Porter is a great person to buy one from. He has been using pretty much every machine and says the Degritter is the best of them all.

Does anyone know of a vendor with a Degritter in stock? I have one ordered from Hi_Fi Heaven but they seem to be having trouble getting one.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing