Denali S correct phase.

plind

Feb 13, 2019
He llo,

I own a Denali S unit V1. There are no markings on the outlets(European) showing where the phase should be.
From pictures on internet I have seen markings on the lower side of the outlets. Is it important or not?
I guess the main issue is to get the phase correct on the gear being hooked to the Denali and that has been taking care of!

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
He llo,

I own a Denali S unit V1. There are no markings on the outlets(European) showing where the phase should be.
From pictures on internet I have seen markings on the lower side of the outlets. Is it important or not?
I guess the main issue is to get the phase correct on the gear being hooked to the Denali and that has been taking care of!
If it’s 230 volt both are phases
if it’s less like 125 then one is neutral and bonded somewhere
European power distrabution is in same ways not good for audio in regard to grounding.
Now an all 220 volt system I think also has benefits too.

Reactions: DetroitVinylRob

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Now if it is 230 a good practice would be to note the polarity of the two phases. it’s not a sure way to better sound but of all of your audio is set at the same phase markings it can’t hurt

Reactions: plind

plind

Feb 13, 2019
I turned the polarity around so the live end is at the bottom as shown in the pics I´ve seen.
As a result I had to turn all powercables attached as well. No significant change in sound so I guess it was not so important :)

Reactions: kennyb123

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
He llo,

Have you seen that Shunyata has announced that all Denali v1’s can now be updated to v2 level?

plind

Feb 13, 2019
No,I did´nt know! Is it worth the extra Buck? What´s the difference between them?

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Contact Shunyata: (an email was sent out)

Dear Shunyata Customers,

We are excited to announce the long-anticipated upgrade program for the original Hydra Denali 6000/T.

This upgrade converts existing Denali 6000/T units to version 2 and will include internal upgrades only (no external changes). Internally, the updated 6000/T v2 is an almost complete rebuild!

Denali 6000/T v2 Upgrade Features
• 6 independent zones of isolation (all 6 outlets are isolated from one another)
• 6 independent high current outlets
• Includes significantly improved versions of the QRBB, NIC and CCI modules
• Performance increase is comparable to or slightly above the award winning Hydra Denali 6000/S v2
UPGRADE COST: $1,500

If you are interested in upgrading your unit please contact Richard Rogers at richard@shunyata.com or call the Shunyata factory at 360-598-9935

Reactions: plind

plind

Feb 13, 2019
Thanx, but it`s the "S" version I own :) The description refers to the "T" version. Perhaps it applyes to both of them?

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
I imagine

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing