Denali V2 Vs Everest for small tube amp

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
Hi all,
This is a double post as I am new on WBF, tried posting this on general forum and got no response.
Is there any huge benefit to be had by upgrading from Denali V2 to Everest when running only flea powered SET, Kondo Ongaku in my case. I have Denali V2 on home demo and was impressed by the result, I did however read on many forums that Everest is MUCH better than Denali V2. Would I get huge difference by upgrading to Everest? I have to order in and wait 8-10 weeks for the Everest to come in as the dealer have none in stock.
Thanks!!

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I had Denali V2 and went to Everest. Yes it is even better. MUCH? well is a relative term, for me it was worth the money spent. On a small tube amp? I think so, but why don't you ask Caelin in Shunyata.

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
Here is the reference for the statement:
Post in thread 'Shunyata Omega QC, Shunyata Denali 6000 V2 component power isolation'
https://www.whatsbestforum.com/thre...2-component-power-isolation.32157/post-696853

Above is not the only thread with the same suggestion, there are a few on this forum alone. My logic for asking the question that already been answered on another thread wasn’t that I need more legitimacy by asking this very same question. My question was purely based on the fact that my amp is flea powered SET and I was thinking that it might affect the performance on the smaller Denali V2 (ie. no difference in SQ by upgrading to Everest).

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
By the way, I have returned the Denali V2 and it was sold to another customer immediately. Don’t regret it a bit and now waiting anxiously for the Everest with Sigma XC (I know I should go Omega XC but that humongous PC is the same price as the Everest itself)

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Here is the reference for the statement:
Post in thread 'Shunyata Omega QC, Shunyata Denali 6000 V2 component power isolation'
https://www.whatsbestforum.com/thre...2-component-power-isolation.32157/post-696853

Above is not the only thread with the same suggestion, there are a few on this forum alone. My logic for asking the question that already been answered on another thread wasn’t that I need more legitimacy by asking this very same question. My question was purely based on the fact that my amp is flea powered SET and I was thinking that it might affect the performance on the smaller Denali V2 (ie. no difference in SQ by upgrading to Everest).

I've never heard of amplifier limitations or caveats for Shunyata power distributors/conditioners although there is a general debate about whether to use conditioners on amps or run them straight into the wall. I have reviewed and used most of the Shunyata conditioners though not the latest Denali/Everest generation. DTCD claims for those models suggest you can use them with an amp, whether that gives you the sonic result is a up to you. You can write to Caelin or Grant here: info@shunyata.com

Do you want an Everest specifically for your amps? You could also run Sigmas from the wall to your amps.

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
I have compared running my amp directly to wall and via Denali. Prefer via Denali by a long miles and 3 other friends too. I am upgrading my electricity to dedicated line with Oyaide cable and separate earth ground this week, will compare with and without after my Everest arrive.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
I have compared running my amp directly to wall and via Denali. Prefer via Denali by a long miles and 3 other friends too. I am upgrading my electricity to dedicated line with Oyaide cable and separate earth ground this week, will compare with and without after my Everest arrive.

Some amplifiers still sound better when they are given their own dedicated circuit, so often it's a good idea to have two lines run instead of just a single run.

Reactions: DetroitVinylRob

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
I have been running rather large tube amps, OTLs (140w 8? (mine are feeding a 16? load)) with a Denali v2. They also share it with field-coil 18vDC 5A power supplies.

As has been expressed by quite a few with differing situations, my overall sound quality presented by the amps connected to the mains through the Denali v2 is truly rewarding, wonderful, and markedly better. More dynamic, larger soundstage, more holographic, than plugged directly into the wall outlet(.) No comparison imho.

I run two Denali v2s. One on my entire, remote front-end and one as mentioned.

Would an Everest (or two), a power cable beyond the Alpha v2 I employ, better mains, better circuit breakers, or a better grounding make a substantial improvement? The opportunities and expenses are endless.

I’m currently very happy with my results.

Tinear1

Aug 24, 2019
I just installed the Denali in my SET based system and holy crap this thing is crazy good! AND I must admit I have been very skeptical of power products for a long time having experienced dynamic compression with other products. The Shunyata Denali made the background dead quiet and without a hint of compression on my 300B mono's breathing through 104db horns. Frankly I am shocked and overwhelmed with how much I like this product. Rarely does a product live up to the hype but this one does. Damn, wish I had done this long ago!

Reactions: DetroitVinylRob

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Indeed! Enjoy

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
I just installed the Denali in my SET based system and holy crap this thing is crazy good! AND I must admit I have been very skeptical of power products for a long time having experienced dynamic compression with other products. The Shunyata Denali made the background dead quiet and without a hint of compression on my 300B mono's breathing through 104db horns. Frankly I am shocked and overwhelmed with how much I like this product. Rarely does a product live up to the hype but this one does. Damn, wish I had done this long ago!
Yeah Tinear1, I know what you mean when you express how emotional the experience takes hold of you. Quite remarkable, and quite rare how profound from a single move. I realize like anything in a perfectionist paradigm, it simply won’t work the same for everyone and a few may even dismiss our experience explained as mere audiophile hyperbole. Yet what is all of this but a grand illusion anyway. Perhaps our illusion is just a bit more convincing to our ears… nice trick!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Some amplifiers still sound better when they are given their own dedicated circuit, so often it's a good idea to have two lines run instead of just a single run.

Yes, it must be analyzed in a case by case basis. With some equipment the increase in the ground loops area due to the second line ground wire can be a nuisance to sound quality. I have three separate lines but in my room I found that the Lamm's should be all connected to the same distributor. Even with VTL's that need a lot of power I could not see a noticeable improvement using the three lines - one for each power amplifier and the third one for preamplifier and sources. But my room mains is very stable and the room is close to the distribution board.

Reactions: kennyb123

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing